Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Patagonia grizzly bear jerky needed

Re: Patagonia grizzly bear jerky needed

Too bad, I was gonna ask her out on a date. Be one of those, go out looking for a 10, settle for a 5 and wake up with a dude scenarios. Fool me three times....no more crying in the shower brushing my teeth for this guy.
    My dreams have been crushed.

Quote Originally Posted by Travalanche View Post
    Too bad, I was gonna ask her out on a date. Be one of those, go out looking for a 10, settle for a 5 and wake up with a dude scenarios. Fool me three times....no more crying in the shower brushing my teeth for this guy.
    My dreams have been crushed.

Ok, that is some funny shit right there.
    Cheers.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Almost as funny as jassmine's activity on HBC today, yet not a peep on this thread in his defence...

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Welcome to the online community......just like family, it can be disfunctional at best.
    IslandWanderer, you come across as a pretty bright individual.
    My point being, they tried to f*ck with/use the hunting community (our family), under false pretense...... to create and sell it as a peer reviewed document based on science.
    We all know, no one f*cks with family.

More need to stand up
    You make a good point. Bad behaviour is one issue, but deception is worse. I'm still open to hearing an explanation from kbob if one's offered, as I too have been accused of being an 'anti'. However, after perusing the article it would have to be a really good explanation.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

bandit is offline Passionate pointer parent

Interesting that this managed to pass an ethics committee. When I did my masters at UBC the committee regularly held people's research up by 6 months on totally irrelevant minutiae. It's surprising that they would allow the data mining of an online forum without the consent or knowledge of the users or the administrators.

Im also amazed it passed peer review. In an anonymous male dominated online community, who doesn't exaggerate stories and try to be a bit macho.

I'll try to find the contact details of the UVic ethics committee and see what they have to say.

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    You make a good point. Bad behaviour is one issue, but deception is worse. I'm still open to hearing an explanation from kbob if one's offered, as I too have been accused of being an 'anti'. However, after perusing the article it would have to be a really good explanation.
    Pretty tough to explain away a person taking offence for being called out, defending themself, if they were not the party in question. Why/how can anyone be confused about who they are?

Look forward to their BS rational.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Thumbs up Re: Patagonia grizzly bear jerky needed

Quote Originally Posted by bandit View Post
    ... I'll try to find the contact details of the UVic ethics committee and see what they have to say.
    My thoughts as well.
    I will be very interested in hearing anything you may find out from them...

Thanks btw!
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    My thoughts as well.
    I will be very interested in hearing anything you may find out from them...

Thanks btw!
    Nog

I have feelers out......
    All coming back as to who they are and that they are present on HBC.

Ironic part is they have little respect from their academic peers.
    House of cards is coming down.

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    I have feelers out......
    All coming back as to who they are and that they are present on HBC.

Ironic part is they have little respect from their academic peers.
    House of cards is coming down.
    From sounds of things, it looks like we need a good old fashion house cleaning....figure out who is who...or what
    their real intentions are..
    Like you said, this is a "family community", and there is a lot more to this forum then just posting up "hunting success
    pics"....and success to us comes in form of sharing info and helpng each other to get out there and enjoy our world
    with family and friends.
    Yes, it's nice to put meat in the freezer etc, but to just have the opportunity to be a part of life's cycle is the real success.
    I should know, with some health issues, for me to just get out there with my dad and daughter and good friends, is
    my main goal, as those opportunities are dwindling away for me.
    To have some of these "so called educated, but in my opinion... ******s" come onto this site, and pull that kind of crap,
    and then worse, publish some totally idiotic study (can't even call it that), is just down right low...the worst of the worst.
    If you don't like hunting/or something dying, then don't hunt.
    If you want to be a vegan because of that....fine...go ahead.
    But don't force your regime on me....and worst, don't think you will ever stop me.
    I like to eat protein in the form of meat, not tofu, and that is exactly what I will do.
    That was in my opinion, one of the worst reports/studies I have ever read....
    Only Agenda based (and the worst approach I have ever seen)...nothing scientific about that.