Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kamloops Advice

Kamloops Advice

Hey all,

I recently moved to Kamloops from the coast and am looking forward to this season. I'm going to wait until October to try and get a buck but in the mean time I'd love to get some ducks, geese or grouse. Im just not too sure of where to go, I dont want to end up on pvt property or a park. Im pretty unfamiliar with the area. If someone could point me in the right direction that would help me out a lot. I guess the back country ban is still in affect so were not even aloud out there yet? Correct?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Kamloops Advice

Shea g

Quads are off limits.

Regular fsr are fine..

Why did you move to kamloops?

Why do you want to wait until october to hunt?

I may be able to help you with a spot or two

O ok, I dont mind leaving the quad at home for now.

Work, land surveyor.

Figured Id wait until its any buck to give myself a better chance.

Id really appreciate that.

Also I found this link I thought I'd share to others that are interested... http://ihuntbc.blogspot.ca/2011/04/r...t-hunting.html

Kamloops so amazing start down some forest roads in any direction. greenstone mountain. Lac le juene. Tunkwa. Go. I'd share more but that's an insane start right there for you. Of those areas we have taken every open season game in the area and lots of it. Half the battle is figuring it out for yourself and what I gave you there is gold good luck. And enjoy an incredible spot in bc. Read through my posts I have posted lots on the loops
    Last edited by Steelpulse; 09-12-2017 at 10:56 PM.

Moved here 5 years ago great place. You will find deer almost any where you go.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Well if I was going to move somewhere in the southern interior.......Kamloops would be probably be the place as it has everything......not to mention hunting & fishing in all directions !
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

U should get out there now!! Scout , trail cam, ditch chicken shooting. Get a spot dailed in so your buck lays down oct 1. Remember white tails any buck. Lots to go around! I could never spend precious venison hunting time hunting birds. Eeeeek. Don't sell yourself short. Lots of 4pt mulies out there

there are lots of tiny little ponds around kamloops...Im not much of a duck hunter, but I have found a way to bag me a few pretty easy. Usually on the small ponds the ducks will circle the edge once then reland in the same spot...I let 1 shot off to get the birds up in the air and then they usually fly over me so I get 1 bird without even stalking or anything. Make sure you have waders to go fetch them though as they will fall in the water. Easy way to get a duck on your way home from deer hunting in the mid day
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

This is the truth right here. Best way to duck hunt Kamloops unfortunately the tiny ponds are top secret haha

Quote Originally Posted by Darksith View Post
    there are lots of tiny little ponds around kamloops...Im not much of a duck hunter, but I have found a way to bag me a few pretty easy. Usually on the small ponds the ducks will circle the edge once then reland in the same spot...I let 1 shot off to get the birds up in the air and then they usually fly over me so I get 1 bird without even stalking or anything. Make sure you have waders to go fetch them though as they will fall in the water. Easy way to get a duck on your way home from deer hunting in the mid day

Quote Originally Posted by Shea_G View Post
    Hey all,

I recently moved to Kamloops from the coast and am looking forward to this season. I'm going to wait until October to try and get a buck but in the mean time I'd love to get some ducks, geese or grouse. Im just not too sure of where to go, I dont want to end up on pvt property or a park. Im pretty unfamiliar with the area. If someone could point me in the right direction that would help me out a lot. I guess the back country ban is still in affect so were not even aloud out there yet? Correct?
    I'll be joining you in the future -- just bought a Kamloops place for retirement [in a few years]. Get out and drive the FSR roads and explore -- you've got a lifetime of options. I'm starting to learn the area as well, and have 15 cameras out in various locations that are roughly 100-150km off of the main road(s) - - - so it's big country. Still no large game in the freezer, but optimistic this year.