Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kamloops Advice

Re: Kamloops Advice

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post
    Well if I was going to move somewhere in the southern interior.......Kamloops would be probably be the place as it has everything......not to mention hunting & fishing in all directions !
    Only drawback would be having RJ too close for comfort!

Lots of opportunity around the 'loops. And with the recent influx of whitetails, a guy can do really well on some great bucks (and WT does!).

I'd suggest joining the local fish & game club, always a good place to meet new peeps and catch some tips on where to go amidst the BS sessions at club meetings.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

If you don't get off the roads there it will just look like the Lower Mainland again.

Plenty of areas to hunt around Kamloops yes. Problem is it seems like everyone knows it. Seems everyone takes a buck or two during "any buck month of chaos" around Kamloops. Pretty hard for the avarage buck to grow 4 points. Ya generally gotta work real hard for a 4 point around Kamloops. Lots of time and effort. A weekend trip to the Kamloops area from the Lower Mainland, your odds are pretty low for a 4 point in my experience.

Listen to Kami, he is bang on.

Yup. No good deer around there anymore. I head to Clearwater. Way more deer.

Quote Originally Posted by RackStar View Post
    Yup. No good deer around there anymore. I head to Clearwater. Way more deer.
    Maybe 10 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post
    Well if I was going to move somewhere in the southern interior.......Kamloops would be probably be the place as it has everything......not to mention hunting & fishing in all directions !
    And your Best Buddy RJ too now ! RJ

Welcome to Kamloops! As stated in the posts above, just hit some of the many FSR's and find a good spot to park and hike. You'll see some beautiful country, and most likely a lot of animals. Cheers!

Welcome! Although it might make your brain hurt, try reading some of Jelvis' posts. He details a lot of info on the various MU's and areas around Kamloops.
    Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shea_G View Post
    Hey all,

I recently moved to Kamloops from the coast and am looking forward to this season. I'm going to wait until October to try and get a buck but in the mean time I'd love to get some ducks, geese or grouse. Im just not too sure of where to go, I dont want to end up on pvt property or a park. Im pretty unfamiliar with the area. If someone could point me in the right direction that would help me out a lot. I guess the back country ban is still in affect so were not even aloud out there yet? Correct?

Tunkwa Lake is where it is at. I hunt there every year and never fail putting meat in the deep freeze. Not all monster bucks but they are sure good eating.