Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: My EBike Hunting Rig

Re: My EBike Hunting Rig

Quote Originally Posted by nature girl View Post
    Now that is a real nice set up you have. Does the whole unit weigh much?
    The bike weighs about 75lbs including battery and bike tools.

I still get a very good workout, the motor can do it all if I feel lazy so it's nice to have that option.

The picture below is typically how I would ride out from camp, with my .308 and .22 takedown with a day's worth of gear she weighs about 95lbs.
    In this case with the fallen tree in the way, I just pick up the bike to the other side and keep moving.

How does the battery manage? I'm hoping to use an Ebike to climb elevation without blowing out my legs.

Originally Posted by twoSevenO
    - People use powered boats in electric only areas
    - People use 50hp boats in 10hp restricted lakes (tunkwa)
    - People take quads off road in reg 8 above 1700m
    - People take quads above 1920m in reg 3

I'm sure there are already those using ebikes for accessing closed areas and i'm sure they haven't been busted either.

True, never a shortage of those people around.
    Just a shortage of CO's to regulate.

YUP they can have all the rules and regulations and LAWs they want BUT they need to be ENFORCED ! OR THERE NOT WORTH the paper there wrote out on ! Just AZZ WIPE with out Enforcement ! jmo RJ
    Last edited by REMINGTON JIM; 01-02-2019 at 12:16 AM.

op nice rig..

ebike has a motor....slam dunk you loose. everyone claiming legal in closed area.

"motor vehicle" means a device in, on or by which a person or thing is being or may be transported or drawn, and which is designed to be self propelled, and includes an atv or snowmobile, but does not include

(a) a device designed to be moved by human, animal or wind power,

(b) a device designed to be used exclusively on stationary rails or stationary tracks, or

(c) a boat propelled by motorized power;
    Ebikes by definition are designed to be both self propelled and human propelled so they do not strictly fit the definition of a motor vehicle. If their motor is under 500 watts and they have a method of human propulsion then they are not considered motor vehicles on BC road system (even though they have a motor). They are considered bicycles and you do not need a license or insurance to operate them. Sorry no slam dunk there but lots of legal grey wiggle room that I am sure some lawyers will earn tons of money to figure out while CO's have no clue what to write tickets for.

Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    Ebikes by definition are designed to be both self propelled and human propelled so they do not strictly fit the definition of a motor vehicle. If their motor is under 500 watts and they have a method of human propulsion then they are not considered motor vehicles on BC road system (even though they have a motor). They are considered bicycles and you do not need a license or insurance to operate them. Sorry no slam dunk there but lots of legal grey wiggle room that I am sure some lawyers will earn tons of money to figure out while CO's have no clue what to write tickets for.
    Yup, this is correct.
    And yes, a grey area.
    Yes, I would love a "little assistance" getting up the hills for sure.
    Last thing I want however, is to have my hunt come to an abrupt halt due to a CO writing me up for breaking the law etc.
    Especially on a long drive trip where I had to dish out a lot of money to get etc.
    Then there is the whole lawyer costs and court etc.
    They just have to get this option squared away in the hunting regs, either allow them or ban them, but get it listed.

Holy christ fellas. Ebikes that are not self-propelled are completely legal. It's been beaten to death. There is no gray area.

Be dramatic about it if you want, it won't change the fact that they are a great tool for accessing road closures and as legal as anything.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

okay buy your logic i am going to bring my standard truck into the closed area..i will push it when i can and drive it other times and i am legal...
    a motor is a motor is a motor.

you want to cheat go ahead.
    if you dont get a elk might aswell pop two or three muley does or cow moose on your way home...you probably wont get caught so it must be legal.

But how does the battery manage!!!!!!