Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: My EBike Hunting Rig

Re: My EBike Hunting Rig

Quote Originally Posted by jtred View Post
    I was contemplating something like that but they aren't allowed in the road closures, all motorized modes of transport are banned. Electric included. It is a very spectacular set up though.
    Don't worry about dumb shit like that, tell the CO that Oreo said it was cool and yer home free! Myself, I leave the hassle to other people, never been a huge fan of gray areas or CO's that have a chip on their shoulder! Good luck, I hope you keep us updated! K

Quote Originally Posted by f350ps View Post
    Don't worry about dumb shit like that, tell the CO that Oreo said it was cool and yer home free! Myself, I leave the hassle to other people, never been a huge fan of gray areas or CO's that have a chip on their shoulder! Good luck, I hope you keep us updated! K
    Great comment. Very supportive on the subject.
    Its OUREA by the way

I've met with industry and GOV on this issue.
    I did this in support of business friends
    If you have greater insight pass it on

Give me ur take

I am sitting here with a CO buddy of mine over beers as I hit send.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

All looks good the only thing I would change is to have the rifle on the front handlebars..
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Great comment. Very supportive on the subject.
    Its OUREA by the way

I've met with industry and GOV on this issue.
    I did this in support of business friends
    If you have greater insight pass it on

Give me ur take

I am sitting here with a CO buddy of mine over beers as I hit send.
    I thought I gave you my take but I'll try again! Unless you plan on hunting with your GOV friends or your beer buddy I can see problems, way to gray of an area, FOR ME! Never been a huge fan of over zealous CO's, they have a tendency of putting a damper on an otherwise great hunting trip! K

Power assist and 500watts or less good to go.
    I didn't buy that set up because he only had it 750watts at the time which bad. Sweet rig.

It is crystal clear under the motor vehicle act.
    They are not a motor vehicle if they are not capable of self propulsion.
    Anything under 500 watts and with pedal assist is considered an electric assist bicycle and does not need insurance or licensing. It doesn't matter if the pedal assist is next to useless and it is capable of self propulsion. Like the Daymak Beast, cool little thing! Most of the new generation electric bikes are running along these lines, pedal assist but capable of full self propulsion. One of the bikes I was researching was capable of 70 km/hr for a 70km range in a full suspension mountain bike setup... CRAZY! What I wonder is if this would be still be considered as legal for motorized resitricted? How would a CO know the difference between an e-bike that is capable of self propulsion vs one that is only power assist? If the goal is to restrict access then I could see a future where all motorized vehicles being banned no matter the nature of the motor. The developement of these bikes is really taking off and the regulations will need to be updated to encompass them.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    All looks good the only thing I would change is to have the rifle on the front handlebars..
    Yup, agree....that's how I would normally pack my rifle.
    Easier to get a hold of it, and it is less in the way when getting on or off the bike.
    It really depends on how the front forks work ...(some work reverse of what you normally see)
    I did make a fancy bracket system using aluminum and Plexiglas, and then used my scabbard mount to the Plexiglas.
    (unfortunately, those "uncle mike" scabbards are no longer made....cheap, BUT, works perfectly and lightweight)
    Unfortunately, the aluminum I used was too thin, so welds were crap, and broke apart after a couple of days.
    Used hose clamps to attach to handlebar etc.

The only drawback is that you end up with weight on one side of the handle bars, but it never gave me any problem.

I even have a buddy who managed to balance the weight across both sides of the forks/handlebars.
    I liked having rifle up and down on one side, as I could still push bike thru narrow trails without getting hung up etc.

Right now I just strap the rifle on the side of bike ( I will see if I have pics of my buddies setup, as well as what I have).

The only problem with my setup right now is that it interferes a little with my peddling, but not as bad as it looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Your interpretation is just that...yours.
    Been on the phone with a few contacts within wildlife that reached out to me.
    It is obvious that a clear definition is needed for ebikes, their various features and benefits, as interpreted by wildlife enforcement.
    After just speaking with several parties within wildlife there is obvious confusion.

If I got stopped in a road closer on a ebike that was power assist ....I would take it to court and slam dunk that sh*t.

More road closures are a good thing. knowing that FSR density is getting right out of control.
    We all want access yet wish to be conservation minded.
    Ebikes are a good thing.
    It promotes niche business /economic opportunities an hell.....probably puts hundreds of hunters back in the saddle that normally wouldnt take on a 5 km ride uphill.
    The bike in question can self propel for up to 19 miles as per its website
    Its a motorized vehicle

power assist is one thing ... this is not a pure power assist vehicle
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Some other ways to mount rifles....(hope it shows, as I have no idea how to use imugurl???)

Just wondering if anyone has any opinions or experience comparing this bike and the volt yukon