Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My EBike Hunting Rig

Talking My EBike Hunting Rig

Several of you have PM'd me about my eBike once I had everything put together.
    The boys at Cambie Cycles did a great job in ordering some parts that did not fit to making modifications so that everything is now functional!

I first thought of a Fat tire bike for hunting when I saw the Rambo Bike, https://rambobikes.com/
    There were not too many dealers in BC and they were a bit pricey for what you got.

The Ebike (ERanger 1000W) I ordered locally from a fellow who puts them together in Burnaby.
    http://www.erangerbikes.com/

One charged battery 48V 14.8ah last up to 100KM give or take and I have four batteries.

The trailer from Amazon, the Cycle Force trailer holds 140-200lbs depending on which website you go to.

Scabbard ordered online from http://www.montanascabbards.com/
    The scabbard holds my smallest rifle (Rossi RH .44) to my largest shotgun. I still have several weeks of work before getting out in the bush but I'm ready!!

Last edited by Laurp99; 09-11-2017 at 10:18 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: My EBike Hunting Rig

Without a doubt, extremely jealous. The obvious question is, what did it all cost? Not what you told the wife what it cost either.....
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

100kms eh? Not bad. So what is the battery life with yourself, gear, and a dead animal loaded up I wonder?
    caddisguy "I worry about predators wanting to eat me or bucks trying to take my manhood. "How was your hunting trip honey" ... "wahh I don't want to talk about it... sob ""

Four batteries.....cost per battery?
    Cost of bike and specs?

Good on Cambie Cycle for dealing with a hunter.
    Not too many friendlies down there.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Never mind. Did some googling. I figured it wasn't a cheap set up. Only thing I couldn't find was the cost of batteries???

I use a voltbike yukon:
    http://www.voltbike.ca/voltbike-yukon.html
    Went that route because it was slightly cheaper (got a slightly used one returned to the owner).
    But love the trailer and scabbard.

Quote Originally Posted by Whonnock Boy View Post
    Never mind. Did some googling. I figured it wasn't a cheap set up. Only thing I couldn't find was the cost of batteries???
    I paid about $320 US per battery on AliBaba, considerably cheaper than buying local for about $800 CAN per battery. I recently put about 75kms in the city on one charge and the battery still had 5 bars of power and about 80% charge. Without the motor it would take quite an effort to peddle especially uphill, I wouldn't want to do it!

I love it what a cool set up .... I have been kicking around an idea like this and really think as prices go down and the technology improves we will see more set ups like this !

Do you consider this a motorized vehicle?

I know where you're going, and I believe pedal assisted power bikes are accepted for use on road closures, but full electric bikes/vehicles are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterling View Post
    Do you consider this a motorized vehicle?