Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My EBike Hunting Rig

Re: My EBike Hunting Rig

Quote Originally Posted by Buckmeister View Post
    Just remember that even on a pedal bike it is illegal to have a loaded firearm.
    I would never ride while locked and loaded, but will be doubly aware of my surroundings since I can quietly sneak up on a large carnivore on the trail, and I did some 25 years or so ago!
    It was tricky taking that picture above with my rifle on the bike here in Burnaby, all it takes is one nosey neighbour and the SWAT team would surely come knocking.
    Had to block the driveway with my car. LOL.

Very cool setup. What does the bike weigh?

I want want want a dead silent ebike like this one.

IT is a cool setup.

This set up is ultimately better than what most of us have. So I think we are all jealous and look forward to seeing you post up a success story. Good luck and have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    I did a market assessment on ebike opportunities for a European bike company that is engaging the North American market.
    In initial due diligence I explored niche market opportunities.
    Being a hunter I met with enforcement, both RCMP and the Conservation Office.......thumbs up.
    I don't doubt that this was your experience but I would exercise caution if intending to exploit motor vehicle access closures with an e-bike. The regulation does not distinguish between internal combustion or electric powered motor vehicles. The only distinction to be classed as a motor vehicle is self propulsion. I would push for clarification in writing or specific changes to the regulation to exclude e-bikes from the motor vehicle classification before taking the chance.

The OP's rig is cooler than the other side of the pillow and would still be great where approaching vehicles send animals for cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire View Post
    I don't doubt that this was your experience but I would exercise caution if intending to exploit motor vehicle access closures with an e-bike. The regulation does not distinguish between internal combustion or electric powered motor vehicles. The only distinction to be classed as a motor vehicle is self propulsion. I would push for clarification in writing or specific changes to the regulation to exclude e-bikes from the motor vehicle classification before taking the chance.

The OP's rig is cooler than the other side of the pillow and would still be great where approaching vehicles send animals for cover.
    One of the comments from the RCMP group we met with I got a chuckle out of.
    He stated that if you were impaired riding a power assist bike they could not charge you as the bike does not meet the definition of a motor vehicle.
    Do appreciate that the various parties we met with knew that the International Sales And Marketing Manager of the bike brand was present and that the opinions and information needed to be concise. One of the CO's was very impressed with the technology and was considering buying an ebike to hunt road closures. I will leave it at that.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Additional comment.....
    There are ebikes that do self propel.
    They are recognized under the motor vehicle act and therefore not legal for fsr's that are designated as closed to motorized vehicles.

"POWER ASSIST" bikes are GOOD.
    SELF PROPELLED bikes are not.
    Cheers

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Sterling View Post
    Do you consider this a motorized vehicle?
    yes it is a motorized vehicle as its not totally human, animal or wind propelled
    as per definition of motor vehicle on page 4 of the regulation synopsis
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Quote Originally Posted by Bowzone_Mikey View Post
    yes it is a motorized vehicle as its not totally human, animal or wind propelled
    as per definition of motor vehicle on page 4 of the regulation synopsis
    Your interpretation is just that...yours.
    Been on the phone with a few contacts within wildlife that reached out to me.
    It is obvious that a clear definition is needed for ebikes, their various features and benefits, as interpreted by wildlife enforcement.
    After just speaking with several parties within wildlife there is obvious confusion.

If I got stopped in a road closer on a ebike that was power assist ....I would take it to court and slam dunk that sh*t.

More road closures are a good thing. knowing that FSR density is getting right out of control.
    We all want access yet wish to be conservation minded.
    Ebikes are a good thing.
    It promotes niche business /economic opportunities an hell.....probably puts hundreds of hunters back in the saddle that normally wouldnt take on a 5 km ride uphill.