Thread: Hunting the Tulameen area region 8-5?

Hunting the Tulameen area region 8-5?

Hey all, i was wondering where to take my son to shoot his first buck next weekend for youth season in the Tulameen area. My honey hole in clinton was devastated by the forest fire . I once had success on Boulder FSR but when i went last year it was very highly trafficked and not much deer sign or deer. I would really appreciate if someone could point me in the direction of a good place for mulies in the area.

Thanks a ton,
    Chris

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hunting the Tulameen area region 8-5?

Opened for 4 point bucks today for us "Non Youths" so expect it to get a bit more crowded. If you could head up on a week day you can avoid the crowd a bit.
    Pretty quiet right now tho' with no ATV use allowed and man is it dry.
    Been in Tulameen since Friday working on the cabin, dead quiet in town, haven't heard a gun shot all that time.
    Son was up Whipsaw last week fishing and bunny killing and saw quite a few bucks there, again, might be lots of traffic.
    Maybe up Rabbet or above Coalmont ??
    Good luck.

Thanks a lot for commenting iron glove, unfortunately I am not exactly familiar with the wherabouts of Whipsaw, and bye Rabbet do you mean the Mt Rabbit FSR or is it something different?

Oops, my spelling mistake on Rabbitt, but yes, try there.
    Whipsaw is off of the Hope Princeton Hwy just as the road turns to 4 lanes for the final drive to Princeton. Left hand side as you are heading to Princeton after you make the tight R hand corner on #3.
    A few km from Princeton again left hand side of #3 is Black Mine Rd, we saw a lot of deer there last year albeit in October.