Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elk in MU 4-20

Elk in MU 4-20

Hey Guys,

Pretty new to elk hunting and drew an LEH for MU 4-20 Zone X; could anyone offer some tips, or good places to check out for this area?

LEH is for the first week in October.

Cheers!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Elk in MU 4-20

All crown land in the area is currently closed with low probability it will open by early October. Unless you find private land with permission you could be out of luck.

Yeah, I did see the area was closed off, I'm hoping it reopens between now and October. Any suggestions for when it reopens?

Open or not , skirt the edge of the private, carry a good pack
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Take money, Locals wont let you hunt there land with out paying for a shit shack to stay in. Good luck, It'll be the first and last time you hunt the LEH, It's a shit show

Quote Originally Posted by BCKiwi View Post
    Hey Guys,

Pretty new to elk hunting and drew an LEH for MU 4-20 Zone X; could anyone offer some tips, or good places to check out for this area?

LEH is for the first week in October.

Cheers!

Go down to skookumchuck and hunt the Torent back towards the north

If the bush is open there are some great spots around Torrent over the river and further south by St Mary river. It is a shit show like someone else said so be careful!! I personally stay away from the gong show. A friend described it as sounding like being in a popcorn machine because their are so many people shooting....not my cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by tenrag View Post
    If the bush is open there are some great spots around Torrent over the river and further south by St Mary river. It is a shit show like someone else said so be careful!! I personally stay away from the gong show. A friend described it as sounding like being in a popcorn machine because their are so many people shooting....not my cup of tea.
    I don't apply for the cow draw but looking in the synopsis there is 5 tags for the time he has a leh for shouldn't be a shit show as you guys are mentioning, bulls are still open
    so others will be after the elk as well.

Bush is closed on crown land.. No rubber tires, no boots.. private land is only access.

Looks like you're back in business, buddy. http://bcfireinfo.for.gov.bc.ca/hprS...le.asp?ID=2899