Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shane Mahoney speaks about the grizzly ban and the state of hunting in today's world

Shane Mahoney speaks about the grizzly ban and the state of hunting in today's world

This is an excellent podcast interview with Shane Mahoney. Shane is a deep thinker and an excellent speaker. He has some powerful things to say on this topic and is very thought provoking.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/...=1000391736779

Beyond the Kill: episode 60 "Brave new world with Shane Mahoney"
    Last edited by Greenthumbed; 09-08-2017 at 06:12 AM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Shane Mahoney speaks about the grizzly ban and the state of hunting in today's wo

Thanks for the tip towards that podcast. Looks good.
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

Re: Shane Mahoney speaks about the grizzly ban and the state of hunting in today's wo

I'm decent with a 'puter but couldn't make it work.

Can you just post the actual podcast?

Interesting listen....thanks for the lead. How is the Grizzly hunting ban being accepted in Golden. During my time there, hunting was a major part of the cultural fabric. Mind you those were the days when the town was much more blue collar in nature. With the mills closing and the transition to eco tourism, I would be curious to hear what is felt now. I have a friend who contacted me that also lived in Golden and is now in Saskatchewan and he indicated that pigs would fly before such a thing was passed there. He claims ~70% of the population come from hunting ancestry and hunt as a way of providing for their families. I honestly believe the disconnect between human and nature is affecting decisions here in BC in a negative way. I also agree with Shane in that we need new ways to protect our lifestyle and to counter such "fanatical" organizations.
    There was a time I thought all parties that cared for wildlife and habitat conservation could find common ground. I was wrong. Adapt....

Pigs don't only fly here in BC, they run for office!

Shane Mahoney is an excellent and powerful advocate for hunting based conservation. I look forward to listening.

Mahoney is too logical and well thought for the nuts on both sides of the debate.

excellent share!

Quote Originally Posted by Drillbit View Post
    I'm decent with a 'puter but couldn't make it work.

Can you just post the actual podcast?
    Found it because I refuse to use anything Apple:

https://journalofmountainhunting.com/2017/09/episode60/

That's probably why then,

Thanks for the link!