Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Is This is a Spike Fork Bull Moose?

Re: Is This is a Spike Fork Bull Moose?

I would let him walk. I would be histitant on pulling the trigger so better safe then sorry

Again why does the Wildlife dept set such a STUPID regulation that so hard to determine ! Thats why there are UNCLAIMED Dead moose found in the bush ! Again the F&W set the Hunter up for failure ! Spike Fork regulation is a JOKE ! jmo RJ

I would pass.

I would also ask this question. If there is a spike bull "elk" season, why does a bull that is 6 pts on one side and a single spike tine on the other only comply as a 6 pt? Would this moose not be a 3 pt?

I would shoot for sure. But it's harder to evaluate a moving animal vs a picture. The nub is wider than it is tall so it's not a point.

shoot its not even close to being a point

1"X1" points / not points

I know ya just have to get him to let you put the stickers on.
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

There's nothing about a point only being measured to an inch in the regs. The only reference is that it must be at least an inch. And it must be longer than it is wide. Thus a 3 inch long x 2 inch wide point is indeed a point.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Quote Originally Posted by J_T View Post
    I would pass.

I would also ask this question. If there is a spike bull "elk" season, why does a bull that is 6 pts on one side and a single spike tine on the other only comply as a 6 pt? Would this moose not be a 3 pt?
    in the regs the definition of a moose spike fork is worded different than elk spike bull, it specifies no more than 2 on one antler....whereas elk definition is antlers that have no tines on main beams (plural)
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

some great perspectives and examples here.

Hope it helps someone else out as well.

I think most of us can agree that its difficult to judge this in the field, but if given a tape measure and following the regs, its not a tine as its wider than its length.

Quote Originally Posted by J_T View Post
    I would pass.

Because the regs for moose aren't written that way. They want non-breeding bulls taken, hence the "spike-fork" or immature general open season.

Photo shopped - spike forks are fairy tales.

How about a discussion about all the wild pigs running around?

Seriously, I would shoot it, but it would be after some serious glassing, don't always get that perfect still picture in the bush to guide you.