Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hunting in the post fire zones

Re: Hunting in the post fire zones

Crownland is closed there till at least Oct 31. Not sure what this thread about. People need to do there homework. Or be fined.

Where have you gotten that info from?

There's a general off-road vehicle restriction for the Kamloops, Cariboo and Southeast (Kootenay) fire centres. I suppose you could walk into an area.

Off-Road Vehicles restricted...

Area restriction for the Elephant Hill wildfire

Access to Loon Lake is allowed but around Loon Lake there are still Evacuation Orders in effect.
    Last edited by Gun Dog; 09-09-2017 at 08:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bou2006 View Post
    Pretty easy to find......search "fire restrictions in BC" .....first website that pops up. Here's the link for those that are having trouble finding it.

http://bcfireinfo.for.gov.bc.ca/hprS...eNews/Bans.asp

The link below outlines restrictions around the Elephant hill fire. Pretty clear that unless you live/work within or are part of a fire suppression crew you better not be there.

http://bcfireinfo.for.gov.bc.ca/hprS...le.asp?ID=2870

Elephant Hill restricted area map link.

http://bcfireinfo.for.gov.bc.ca/ftp/...20Aug%2020.pdf

Some of the larger fires in the Chilcotin have buffers of 2-10km on the perimeter of the fires. Please do some research before heading out. It is for your safety, the safety of the firefighters and out of respect for those who have been directly impacted by these fires. There are maps for all of the fires/areas that have restrictions on them.
    Thanks for the link

http://www.ashcroftcachecreekjournal...-restrictions/

Includes most of my Loon Lake spots, so definitely not going in there this year. On to Plan A and C
    Last edited by VFX_man; 09-13-2017 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VFX_man View Post
    http://www.ashcroftcachecreekjournal...-restrictions/

Includes most of my Loon Lake spots, so definitely not going in there this year. On to Plan A and C
    Man I have a moose draw for there, well B range and I will let it go, just going up there to enjoy the cabin and be thankful it's still standing... Give the 4 leggers a break
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    Man I have a moose draw for there, well B range and I will let it go, just going up there to enjoy the cabin and be thankful it's still standing... Give the 4 leggers a break
    Would be nice if they just rolled your LEH draw over into next year since you are locked out.

Interesting article in 100MileFreePress on this topic. Long story short, nobody really knows. Too bad we can't come up with funding to get some real numbers on post fire outcomes ("He says they put out a proposal to study the effects of fire in the Okanagan last year, which wasn’t funded, and will be doing so again this year."). Maybe this year.

Second hand news, but my hunting partner just spoke to a resident/hunter from Quesnel, and supposibly the military has been putting down Moose, due to them being burnt, and quite a few of them!
    Can't confirm it however, but sad if that is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Second hand news, but my hunting partner just spoke to a resident/hunter from Quesnel, and supposibly the military has been putting down Moose, due to them being burnt, and quite a few of them!
    Can't confirm it however, but sad if that is the case.
    After the McGillivray Lake fire (years ago), saw a couple bears that had patches burnt out of their hides - look pretty sad, and their behaviour was on the skittish side. Always wondered if they made it through the winter.