Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4" to 2"

4" to 2"

Going to the 2" vanes now as I am using a drop away rest (ripcord)
    Obviously I'll be headed to the range several more times but was curious if anybody switched and noticed much change in their trajectory?
    I'll be changing out a half dozen tonight.
    I keep hearing the advantages so i figured it cant do much for me except help pass the time until Aug.25
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 4" to 2"

4 inch to 2 inch?

I was in the pool!

Lol if I was starting out with 4" I wouldnt even get in the pool to begin with !
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny

Bow Walker Guest

I did the same a few years ago - haven't gone back and doubt that I will.

Broadheads and field tips - both have 2" Blazers on them. I'm even thinking of going to the smaller 'mini-blazers' for target shooting.

The 2" blazers are advertised to weigh in at 5 grains each. My scale says 6 grains per. What the heck. I don't care one way or the other. They just work.

I'm shooting 2'' blazers with 100grn muzzy's broadheads and field all the same group

I went from 4" duravanes to 2" blazers a year or two back, funny thing is my broadhead groups went from 10" to 5" at 60 yards at exactly the same time .

I will never go back three 2" blazers is all you will ever need IMHO.

Cheers Noel

What a PAIN IN THE ASS it is to get the old fletchings off.. Well the glue and remnants of the plastic after you scrape the fletching off. They suggest rubbing alcohol and it isnt working very well.
    I should just buy a dozen arrows and start fresh.

Yes, Yes you should!
    If you Live Life with no risks, you risk living life at all!

Bow Walker Guest

Try a potato peeler for the crap thats left on the shaft - just be careful.

Will do, thanks BowWalker.
    I'll wait til the lil lady is at work