Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: getting new binos

getting new binos

i currently have vortex diamondback 10x50 binos looking to upgrade to something a bit better quality and 10x42 anyone suggest good price binos from 250-500 anyone have the cabelas binos any good? thanks for the help

2. Site Sponsor

Re: getting new binos

I have a set of Leupold BX2 Acadias that I like so far, of course I upgraded from a $100 pair of Redfield Rebels so take that as you will...

Check out Nikon monarch 5's. I just bought the monarch 7's, but really couldn't see much of a difference. Great glass and warranty for the price

Have noticed that some of the Cabela's branded binoculars are identical to discontinued 'brand name' glasses.
    Eg. Cabela's 'Outfitter Series' 10x42 ......... same as the discontinued Leupold 'Pinnicle Series' 10x42

I upgraded from 8x42 diamondbacks to the Nikon monarch 5 in 10x42. I can definitely see a difference.

Purchased the new Leupold BX2hd Tioga's 10x42 this summer and have had them in heavy use already, so far so good. Much easier on the eyes than the former Bushnells I have been using for 5 years, will know more when the moisture and darkness shows up. I purchased from Freeman's store in Rock Creek for well within the OP's price range.
    "Just ask anybody who packs a 338... the 30-06 will bounce off a grizzly!"

"I am not here to awaken sheep, I am here to awaken sleeping lions" Husky7mm

monarch for these old eyes

Honestly, with the vortex diamondback themselves being $300, you're not going to get much of an improvement with a $500 pair.

Shop the used market, if you are looking for bang for buck. Scoring a well taken care of pair of $1000 bins for $500 isn't an unreasonable expectation if you are patient.

CGN had a great classifieds section to watch, along with HBC.

Take a look at the Maven C1. It gets very good reviews at 350$ american. Many compare it to the Vortex Viper and claim it is better.

http://www.rokslide.com/forums/optic...ighlight=maven