Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dis-honest Hunters...

Angry Dis-honest Hunters...

Well I had my dad and brother come up from Langford this morning so we could do a goose hunt on a small private field I have had access to for a while now. Drive up and see someone was already setting up? I was very confused by this as the landowner would have in formed me, but if he let more guys on hey that's his choice! We instead went home and I later watched these guys hunt on the opposite side on the field, where the landowner specifically didn't want shooting as it is close to multiple homes and would cause a disturbance.

After their hunt was done, I chatted with the land-owner who was ready to kick us off for shooting on the other side of the field! I informed him that it was not us out there. He replied with "well that's the guys you sent here to hunt".............. long story short, someone has lied to this kind old man saying that I sent them to his field and that all was good....... SO, after calming down a pissed off neighbor, as well as explaining to the landowner that I would never "send" someone to hunt a very delicate location without me there, all is hopefully back to normal and the place wont get shut down... I have no problem taking guys out, especially with the volatile state with the size of the field, it has to be managed carefully. The farmer didn't even care to take the hunters contact info as he trusted them that I did send them there. Although, they have sure worn out their welcome, and I sure will be doing my best to see who lied using my name..

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Dis-honest Hunters...

Wow thats pretty low, some freaking people????

Small area, Wouldn't be hard to find out who it was, give me a shout with details if you like.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Man that is balsy. I would have 100% drove into the field when they were setting up and asked who they were
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

obviously someone you know. did you tell anyone where you had permission?? shouldnt be too hard too figure out

Dis-honest people that happen to be hunters. They will return
    “Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”

guest Guest

Sorry to hear thus happened to you Longshot ...... But yes there are POS out there that say things to benefit their own situation only. It hurts your credibility and in thus case possibly a good hook up for good shoots.
    Call the jerks out, make an example if them. They only end up shooting themselves in the foot. No pun intended. Types like that aren't worth spending any time with ether.

There are certainly hunters I know that know I hunt this field, and none come to mind that would do that... these guys must have learned my name through someone as I didn't recognize them through the bino's, and certainly didn't make any friends.

Longshot
    Sorry to hear about this. One solution, might be to contact the land owner and let him know that in future, if you were to allow anyone you know hunt the property, that you will contact the landowner prior to their arrival. So if the landowner has not heard from you, then no permission has been given.

It happens all over, sometimes you will take someone out or mention you had a good shoot and next year what do you think? They are knocking on doors at farms you have been hunting for years trying to cork you. Not very ethical, but it happens way more than you would think. Most landowners if they are aware of the situation will simply say no send them away, if they know what's going on.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.