Thread: Lower mainland goose hunting

Lower mainland goose hunting

I imagine most of the hardcore guys will be in their blinds hunting for Canadian geese by now.
    I usually hunt ducks on boundary bay. I went out last evening for a wander with my shotgun and binoculars looking for honkers but someone was occupying my usual spot and it didn't look like there were and geese flying anyways.
    I did hear people shooting but not on the bay.

I've been looking at the maps and was thinking about hunting the south west side of Westham but from what I've read the dykes are private, is that true?

I would go to Pitt marsh but I don't have waders or a skiff, can one access the shooting areas without either?
    If it cant be done with one shot, it shouldn't be done.

"grab large claw hammer - put against butt cheek , pry head out of ass with claws...then go back to school..."

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Lower mainland goose hunting

You are correct, the dykes on Westham are private. K

use a boat and set up outside the dykes
    a bad day hunting is awwwwwwww who cares as long as your hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Livewire322 View Post
    I imagine most of the hardcore guys will be in their blinds hunting for Canadian geese by now.
    I usually hunt ducks on boundary bay. I went out last evening for a wander with my shotgun and binoculars looking for honkers but someone was occupying my usual spot and it didn't look like there were and geese flying anyways.
    I did hear people shooting but not on the bay.

I've been looking at the maps and was thinking about hunting the south west side of Westham but from what I've read the dykes are private, is that true?

I would go to Pitt marsh but I don't have waders or a skiff, can one access the shooting areas without either?
    I wouldn't hunt out at Pitt without some sort of boat or a dog. There is not enough land out there, and 95% chance your bird is going to land in water.

Quote Originally Posted by BigD_83 View Post
    I wouldn't hunt out at Pitt without some sort of boat or a dog. There is not enough land out there, and 95% chance your bird is going to land in water.
    I would agree, the past two weekends, it was a battle getting geese to decoy close enough to the river edge to retrieve easily.
    Was definitely jealous of the people who had private access in the area, most of the action seemed to be around farms in the WMA and not along the river sadly.
    Delta and Ladner was much more fruitful.
    Last edited by kbob; 09-11-2017 at 11:01 AM.