Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hunting near Davis Lake/Sylvester Rd area?

Re: Hunting near Davis Lake/Sylvester Rd area?

There's deer up Sylvester and all over the LML. You just can't expect to Rd hunt them. I buy timber and hike a lot of the area. Find a south facing or southwest facing steep hill and climb. When you think you've gotten high enough go higher. Then just slowly creep the hillside. My biggest buck scored 136 before deductions and it's a local buck
    WSSBC Life Member
    WSSBC Monarch Member
    CCFR Member

how is the small game in this area?

That area is a gong show for shooting, vandalism, stolen vehicles and dumping. Keep the RAPP number handy. Remember that the beginning of the FSR is a no shooting zone.

Good luck

yeah no kidding. theres a sign telling people not to shoot but yah wow. been a couple years since ive been down there. tons of logging has occured off the main road and the side road trails or whatever lead to firepits with massive garbage heaps. i was pretty unimpressed. i wont be going there ever again. ill stick to norrish where at least the hiking is nice.

BT hunting is really good in the LM if you stop looking where everyone else does

You have two choices in my opinion

1) Hunt the FSR bigger tracks of bush(Sylvester chilliwack Harrison so on) burn boot leather put in lots of time learning for moderate success. Some do well in these areas but most fail

2) hunt the areas others don’t think of. Small pockets that are odd to access that does not always involve long hikes but instead involve natural boundaries. Places people drive past all the time and just don’t try. May involve weapons restrictions shot only slug only archery. These areas hold more deer and more bucks per square KM. This in my opinion brings the highest success rate

So your call think smarter or work harder

what i would really like is a reliable small game area, still looking

I spent 100% of my time this past season hunting in the Fraser valley. Trail cams, plenty of driving and tons of hiking, I was amazed at what I saw right in my own backyard. Many great spots off the #7 all holding good numbers of bucks. Just gotta put the time in and find where they like to hang at different times of day. Lots of rabbits around dawn and dusk, but better grouse hunting the further east you go. Weekends are not necessarily a deal breaker if you’re in the right area. Don’t rule out shotgun zones along the Fraser either...
    Last edited by plumberjustin; 02-12-2018 at 12:33 AM.
    Huntin, fishin, and lovin every day.

back when i lived on the coast we shot lots of blacktails..many of them insight of popular shooting spots..they dont seem to care about gunfire...it everywhere they need to eat..last trophy buck dad saw on the coast was in the main pit on sylvester in nov.