Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fire ban and shooting guns

Re: Fire ban and shooting guns

Quote Originally Posted by Jelvis View Post
    ----> Lightning is what causes lots of fires look it up.
    -- lightning iz not controlled by BC Hydro --
    Jel -- haha, let's try lookin up a lil more ok -- lightning and ton derrr.
    R u DRUNK ? RJ

Has he ever been sober?????

Quote Originally Posted by ajr5406 View Post
    Nope, I'd say starting another fire would be a bigger concern than you getting a ticket.
    very true. But not worried about my gun starting a fire!!! Very slim chance. Smokers bigger concern then hunters

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    It's very difficult for standard bullets to cause a fire. Not impossible, but it's so difficult it should be a very low consideration when it comes to fire hazard. We should worry about stuff that really matters.
    Agreed .

Quote Originally Posted by butterz View Post
    very true. But not worried about my gun starting a fire!!! Very slim chance. Smokers bigger concern then hunters
    Yup you still see smokers everyday tossing out cig butts! Its incredible how arrogant and ignorrant people can be!
    The penalties need to be 100x more than the current 575.00 but we need enforecment out there as well to catch these people.
    Lots of stories of people being verbally abused even assaulted for confronting people who threw out a lit butt.
    If your going to confront them, record it for you safety!
    Not that i am condoning it..

Quote Originally Posted by buddyrip View Post
    Hey Jellyfish! Check out the BC Wildfire site of active burning fires in Kamloops Fire Center. More than half of the about 16 fires currently burning are considered human caused, ciggybuts and playing with sparky things etc...Was watching some beginner archers flinging arrows with recurves and missing the target butt a couple days ago. Near dusk you could see the sparks when they made contact with the rocks. Just sayin. Myself, I'm staying out until we get some moisture and cooler weather.
    Again, arrows use steel (a ferrous metal), especially for field tips. I don't know of any bullets legal for hunting in BC that have steel in them, lead and copper are non-ferrous, very difficult to produce sparks, especially on items you'd find in the bush and potentially hit when shooting an animal...