Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Backcountry closure - East Kootenay, specifically Rocky Mountain Resource District

Re: Backcountry closure - East Kootenay, specifically Rocky Mountain Resource Distric

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    There are several fires now all down close to the BC/Alberta border, starting from north of Assiniboine.
    Im well aware of where the fires are, as I've been paying close attention and monitoring the website daily, but fortunately my hunting area has so far been unaffected.

Re: Backcountry closure - East Kootenay, specifically Rocky Mountain Resource Distric

So almost 9:00 and no public info out. All media outlets still reporting the ORV ban update this morning. If this was decided upon yesterday and finalized it's quite dissapointing that it didn't get out to media as there will be a ton of people out of cell range set up for a week or two of hunting in this area.
    Yup, that coiler is a personal best...

Lodge pole fsr closed from 35k to 42 k.

Can you email me the PDF Please? I am not able to find info online yet

matt-jenkins@Hotmail.com

Just got off of the phone with Cranbrook Forestry and ANY road with woody debris, sawdust, or anything (grass, alder, etc.) growing on it is off limits to on-highway vehicles. In other words, any road with any sort of fuel on it is off limits. I had to turn back this morning for my opening day
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

Every road, even highways, have dry grass on the shoulders so I'm assuming this means the traveled portion of the road. I turned back myself and found a spot on a well travelled fsr to park on after my first road got grassy between the wheelpaths.
    Yup, that coiler is a personal best...

Looks to be true, just saw the notice myself.

I'm not on a computer where I can upload it, but I can email it if someone wants it. Its on FB now as well.

Big difference between a back country closure and an ORV ban.

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Just received my hunt buddy notification on this backcountry closure! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Quote Originally Posted by uraarchr View Post
    Big difference between a back country closure and an ORV ban.
    There is. This is backcountry ban.