Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Backcountry closure - East Kootenay, specifically Rocky Mountain Resource District

Re: Backcountry closure - East Kootenay, specifically Rocky Mountain Resource Distric

Well dammit, there goes my planned hunt, going to be a fast and furious time bring up old maps, and the ol google....

Re: Backcountry closure - East Kootenay, specifically Rocky Mountain Resource Distric

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    This is a good thing now the bombers can do there water pick ups with no problems with boaters
    Agree.....

Wow... There goes 8 months of planning and researching my first BC sheep hunt. My dad (a non-hunter) was flying out from Ontario to accompany me on the trip too! Guess I'm looking for an elk/goat/stone alternative with a week's worth of research...

What pisses me off is that the forestry should had shut down the bush at the beginning of this week giving notice today is bad there are already many hunting camps set up in the bush and lots of the areas have no cell service,,,just don't get why they waited for today to shut down the back roads,,they need to give there heads a shake ,,they are doing the right thing closing the bush down I agree but waited to late ..
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

Looks like a we have a pretty active fire going on right now ,not too far from the Cranbrook airport. Local radio has said the Cranbrook airport is closed . I don't see any restrictions being lifted anytime soon.

There will be lots of hunting pressure in the WK with most of the EK closed

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    There will be lots of hunting pressure in the WK with most of the EK closed
    Exactly what I was thinking.....

looking at the map closure the town of Yahk and up hawkins creek is still open no road closure and west from yahk to Creston and west is all open

Red line to your left is still open to your right closed down.

Last edited by hunter1947; 09-01-2017 at 06:25 PM.

I got a day and a half of hunting; the CO's and fire cpt came by in the area and informed me that I need to be out by 1pm on the 2nd.

I was into elk but I can understand the closure. Fires seemed to be popping up all over the place and close to where I was at up the Bull River.

Does anybody know if any GO's are operating right now with clients up there, or are they out of the woods as well (which is what I am assuming)?