Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Backcountry closure - East Kootenay, specifically Rocky Mountain Resource District

Re: Backcountry closure - East Kootenay, specifically Rocky Mountain Resource Distric

Does anybody have a link? please.

Re: Backcountry closure - East Kootenay, specifically Rocky Mountain Resource Distric

Perfect Timing me thinks ? Just in time for youth and bow.
    We will start to see this more and more . "IN THE INTEREST OF PUBLIC SAFETY"
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Does anybody have a link? please.
    I can email it, but here is a FB link that might work?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

B104 has it on their site as well

Id love to actually see this PDF myself but I suspect there may be some confusion as to what a "backcountry ban" actually is. Technically there has been a backcountry ban in the Kootenays since Aug 4th. My hunting partner called to hear first hand what the restrictions are and he was told that "backcountry ban" means they dont want guys parking and walking into the backcountry away from FSR's, making evacuation difficult. He was told that camping in designated spots free from "fuel" was permitted as long as there was easy means of egress.

Pretty clear. The link states what activities are permitted and the PDF within the link clearly shows where the ban is applicable.

Crappy deal for those who made the trek out there to hunt crown land and will be soon told to leave. I can only assume the adjacent areas that are still open will soon see allot more pressure

effective noon tomorrow... hopefully they send people out to let people know that have already entered the backcountry since this release has come out very late.

Did some digging and no surprise, the local MLA has been pushing for this for a month: http://www.kimberleybulletin.com/new...untry-closure/

"without authorization"...."no entry"...wow...(I am not surprised, given the situation, but hard to believe we wont be
    hunting)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron.C View Post
    Pretty clear. The link states what activities are permitted and the PDF within the link clearly shows where the ban is applicable.

Crappy deal for those who made the trek out there to hunt crown land and will be soon told to leave. I can only assume the adjacent areas that are still open will soon see allot more pressure
    Yup...it's going to be a "parking lot" in some areas!