Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Backcountry closure - East Kootenay, specifically Rocky Mountain Resource District

Backcountry closure - East Kootenay, specifically Rocky Mountain Resource District

Just received the signed off closure. Effective noon Saturday September 2nd). FYI, bunch of new fire starts today and extreme fire behaviour followed. Flathead area is most active with most of the new starts. Folks can check out the situation on the BCWS public map. Sorry about the news, affects me too! Now have to get my trailer I parked a couple days ago for spending my 50th at elk camp. Too bad, but in my opinion with the current conditions, forecast and fire behaviour it's the right thing to do.

late addition - forgot to mention it is in effect until the earliest of October 2nd or if it is rescinded.
    Last edited by Elkchaser; 08-31-2017 at 08:08 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Backcountry closure - East Kootenay, specifically Rocky Mountain Resource Distric

Please provide a link BCWfS has no such ban on there site that I can find.

Re: Backcountry closure - East Kootenay, specifically Rocky Mountain Resource Distric

It's coming. I received the PDF on my work email about 10 minutes before I sent the original note. Some folks will be already on way here to hunt, others leaving soon so I just wanted to get the message out to help folks out. Don't have a clue how to attach a PDF to this note. If somebody else does I can email it to them for posting???

Thanks for the heads up EC! K

Exactly which portion of the Koots is closed? Just the Flathead area? I can't find anything online

The Rocky Mountain district includes the former cranbrook and invermere forest districts. The order has a map. Roughly Parson to US border, including all of TFL 14, then Alberta border to the Purcell Range.

I received the order at 2045 hrs RMT and it was fresh off the press. Should be front page in local news first thing tomorrow as well as on the fire centre restrictions info on line.

Elkchaser - Pm sent.

We better all start doing a "Rain Dance"...
    All this week is expected to be hot, right thru what was to be "bow season only" atleast......
    When the weather does change, I can only imagine to expect more "lightning"....so it better rain like hell at that point,
    or nothing will be rescinded.....unbelievable stretch of heat we have had this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Exactly which portion of the Koots is closed? Just the Flathead area? I can't find anything online
    There are several fires now all down close to the BC/Alberta border, starting from north of Assiniboine.