Thread: so since they don't use science ...why are we providing data?

so since they don't use science ...why are we providing data?

Victoria is not using science to manage Grizzly. No expectation that they will use it for anything else. Why provide it free of charge with hunter surveys??? Time to tell them to shove it? What do you think?
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

2. Site Sponsor

Re: so since they don't use science ...why are we providing data?

Quote Originally Posted by horshur View Post
    Victoria is not using science to manage Grizzly. No expectation that they will use it for anything else. Why provide it free of charge with hunter surveys??? Time to tell them to shove it? What do you think?
    Good observation.

Agree but I really don't think "they "give a cat's meow what "we" think

Low participation is seen as lack of interest and will provide an excuse for gov't/anti's to screw with us even more. We need more reasonable, educated voices on our side. Providing up to date data to scientists helps prevent groups from using 30 year old info for current management decisions.
    But I completely understand the anger. Sometimes it's hard when our way of life is being spit upon...
    Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets...

Record grizzly bear encounters documented in Alberta and have been escalating.
    Science says GB's are expanding their range causing for growing human encounters.

Leftist wildlife groups, that defied the science, managed to get Gov to close the hunting season.
    They still claim GB's are endangered and must be protected despite the science and increased human encounters proving otherwise.

Welcome to politics kids.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by Kill-da-wabbit View Post
    Low participation is seen as lack of interest and will provide an excuse for gov't/anti's to screw with us even more. We need more reasonable, educated voices on our side. Providing up to date data to scientists helps prevent groups from using 30 year old info for current management decisions.
    But I completely understand the anger. Sometimes it's hard when our way of life is being spit upon...
    I am not saying don't participate...spoil it because science is dead current gov has proved it
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Quote Originally Posted by Kill-da-wabbit View Post
    This is right, everybody needs to fill them out, they use this data so they don't have to use more restrictive seasons...again, everybody needs to fill them out, otherwise your hurting us all..

I am not saying don't participate...spoil it because science is dead current gov has proved it
    I understand, but at some point these clowns will be gone and we need the info to open seasons back up and even expand opportunities.
    Politicians are all self serving. Make it in their interest to look at the science to get your vote.
    People seem to have a short memory; remember this stuff at the next election...
    Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets...