Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Camping spots in 5-2 for a toy hauler?

Camping spots in 5-2 for a toy hauler?

We are thinking to bring our toy hauler for a week up to area 5-2 which we aren't super familiar with. Initially thinking wall tent around Valentine Lake but I don't think our toy hauler would fit there. I've been looking online but it doesn't seem there are too many (any?) places for a trailer other than maybe Helena Lake?

Is it it not worth even bothering or does anyone know if any camping areas for a 26' toy hauler in tthe Valentine Lake vicinity? It asking for any hunting tips, just any camping areas.

Thanks!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Camping spots in 5-2 for a toy hauler?

You can fit a 26 foot trailer at Valentine.No Atv riding as you probably know.
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

Hmmm Helena, Gustafson lake burned pretty bad..might not be much green in there? Helena did have a camping fee..? Helena has lots of cross country ski, snowmobile trails but off limits right now to atv.
    Srupp

A little bit of advise. Pick somewhere that has 2 ways out. It is still dry up here.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Yeah it's still very iffy if we even go at all. Watching the fires and conditions closely. Isn't there a fire not far from Helena? Is that the Gustafson fire srupp?

Hubby just left on his goat hunt in 3-32, and my sister in law has a moose hunt in 5-2 in September, we were thinking we might tag along in our trailer as I've never been camping anywhere in that area, make a vacay out of it and help haul out the meat if they are successful on their hunt. But since we've never camped there I wasn't sure if there were places other than Helena, good to know a 26' trailer could fit at Valentine, that would be ideal but I suppose the risk is if the spot is taken then we need a plan b.

We are thinking third third week of September. See what happens between now and then. and yes definitely no quad as of now, we will leave it at home.
    My hunt is for elk in Feb in the Peace.

I know region 5-2 is a big area, but do you really need to head out camping in there right now, I've seen first hand what it's like in and around that area, like I don't get why you would want to put yourself in a situation like that. There is fires in and around that area.It should be good to go in a few weeks hopfully.

Quote Originally Posted by poper View Post
    I know region 5-2 is a big area, but do you really need to head out camping in there right now, I've seen first hand what it's like in and around that area, like I don't get why you would want to put yourself in a situation like that. There is fires in and around that area.It should be good to go in a few weeks hopfully.
    As I said above, we are looking to go towards the end of September depending on how the fires are. Not talking about going now.

I havnt been in there since the fire..the fire was wicked..Gustafson. .and i suspect Helena both are pretty close together.there used to be moose on the west side of Helena. Luther so dry..
    For Sept. .be very close to water. .the moose will be..north end of Helena little finger of water., west side.
    Steven
    Ps first 2 kms Helena to rd..one exit..at the 2 board..2 ways out
    Smoky ++++++++++ windy..not good combo.

Yeah definitely not something I want I fool around with that's for sure. Unless things change quite a bit. And with the weather we are having now, at least in my area with dry breezy weather highs of 30 for the next week it doesn't look like things will change too quickly.

It burned all through that area , from valentine to the 108 and behind lac la hache. It will probably be burning in this area till late october at this rate.
    Last edited by Rotorwash; 08-31-2017 at 04:57 PM.