Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Updated Road Access Info - Southeast Fire/Region 4

Updated Road Access Info - Southeast Fire/Region 4

https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2017FLNR0255-001499

Provides some clarification on gravel vs grassy roads. Also details on guide and guided hunter atv use.
    Yup, that coiler is a personal best...

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Updated Road Access Info - Southeast Fire/Region 4

Some clarity finally, lot better than "designated roads" as previously stated. Thanks for the post.

Man am I getting tired of guide outfitters and there special treatment and whinning. Getting up there with the keepers of the land on my list.

Quote Originally Posted by canucks6 View Post
    Man am I getting tired of guide outfitters and there special treatment and whinning. Getting up there with the keepers of the land on my list.
    This was an improvement after our MLA was fighting for equality on this issue, but does it still let the guider pack animal out on ATV and long as hunter isn't in it?

That's the first time I've read 'all motorcycles' prohibited. So my street licensed dual sport is now prohibited whereas previously I thought it was grouped into the 'other vehicles' licensed for hwys were ok.

If so, that throws a huge curveball into my plans.
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Sheep Steve View Post
    That's the first time I've read 'all motorcycles' prohibited. So my street licensed dual sport is now prohibited whereas previously I thought it was grouped into the 'other vehicles' licensed for hwys were ok.

That's another uncertainty for sure, maybe worth a call? I know I'm going to park and start walking where the roads get grassy I'm sure to have some people drive up behind me. I'm doing some last minute shuffling of my spots too as I haven't had time to drive up there and see just how grassy it is.

Quote Originally Posted by canucks6 View Post
    They are only allowed to use ATV's when setting up camp. It explicitly mentions transporting hunters to the backcountry as a non-authorized use.

Quote Originally Posted by rimfire View Post
    They are only allowed to use ATV's when setting up camp. It explicitly mentions transporting hunters to the backcountry as a non-authorized use.

In all fairness I can understand. But its again the same factors and always benefits the guides. I promise you that guides will be transporting their clients a little ways into the backcountry to get a head start. Or pack out the meat the last couple kms because their client said, This is why I paid you"....Its sad money talks.

Quote Originally Posted by bc_buckshot View Post
    In all fairness I can understand. But its again the same factors and always benefits the guides. I promise you that guides will be transporting their clients a little ways into the backcountry to get a head start. Or pack out the meat the last couple kms because their client said, This is why I paid you"....Its sad money talks.
    Some will, but some won't. The key is to have the penalty for non compliance fairly high.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Sheep Steve View Post

It's only the southeast fire centre bulletin that mentions all motorcycles. The other more comprehensive statement does not mention on road motorcycles.