Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you use for wet ground protection when in seated/prone on a hunt?

Re: What do you use for wet ground protection when in seated/prone on a hunt?

Quote Originally Posted by Ohwildwon View Post
    Do they come in real tree?
    Clearly this is a multi-layered approach. Depends as a base layer, with the sewn-on neoprene butt patch for insulation. Might need a ventilation system...

A piece of a cheap old closed cell foam sleeping pad about 2 ft square. Weighs nothing and completely waterproof.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Hmm I use a designed seat, it auto fills with air when the valve is opened..so thickness is somewhat adjustable for comfort, really lite, has a strap to attach to pack.
    Had it 10 years? Still holds air , and is strong rugged .held my weight.
    Steven

To be honest, I just sit on the garbage bags that I always have in my pack. But maybe my butt already has far too much padding. Thin foam is far better, quieter, and way, way, way more comfortable. Listen to Stresd and get yourself to Canadian Tire. I'll be investing in a $5 butt pad this year, too.

I use this in a camo color. When deflated it fits in my cargo pocket of my pants.
    I would never go on a hunt again without it.
    https://www.klymit.com/cush-seat.html

I usually use a 2ftX2ft chunk of blue foamy.

Last year I started carrying this.

https://www.mec.ca/en/product/5027-4...l-Sleeping-Pad

I already had it as my glassing pad for sheep hunting and throwing under my other inflatable for sleeping on back pack trips. It folds up easily and if you are just sitting you can triple it up. Its length lets you cover all the ground under your legs if stretched out and up a tree or rock for back cushion.

BHB
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

Quote Originally Posted by allan View Post
    I use this in a camo color. When deflated it fits in my cargo pocket of my pants.
    I would never go on a hunt again without it.
    https://www.klymit.com/cush-seat.html
    82g in a pocket, this is excellent. Thanks for sharing.

Aral - I've tried the garbage bags too, and I have enough funk in the trunk that it doesn't get too uncomfortable, but I find them quite noisy as I find I need to reposition my legs often.

thanks fudge. Cheap like borscht.

I've got a variety of seats from the heat a seats which I like for the blaze orange side I can sling over my back when strolling through the bush to the fold-able small camp chairs which are comfy and get you off the ground but heavy.
    These little foam pads will add to the pick list depending on the occasion plus I really like that they're protable.
    I'm going to the dogs.
    Airy Mtn. Airedales