Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you use for wet ground protection when in seated/prone on a hunt?

Question What do you use for wet ground protection when in seated/prone on a hunt?

G'day All, long time lurker, first time poster.

I tend to solo hike, primarily in slack country spots, and it's often impossible to find a dry spot to lay out prone. If this is something that you've addressed, what do you use and how to do like your solution?

Because I travel light, I'm looking for something lightweight (1-2lb), compact, and quiet. A friend suggested looking at dog bed liners, as they're waterproof on one side with cushy fleece on the other. Likewise I found one online that's made with Tyvek, which would be super lightweight, but the design doesn't address the noise issue.

Thanks for your thoughts.

- D

2. Site Sponsor

Re: What do you use for wet ground protection when in seated/prone on a hunt?

Wool blanket? Wool clothing?
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

One of those thermarest Z lite sleeping pads?

I use a cut off one as a glassing pad. Super light, folds smallish and waterproof.

Just get a patch of thinner neoprene sewn to the ass of your pants.
    Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets...

My hunting partners and i all have pieces of a cheap blue foamie folded up in our packs to sit on.

Guess I better go edit my post in the daypack thread...
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

One of these cut in half. Literally weighs nothing and is nice a warm on ass when sitting and glassing on snow. Princess has them in white

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/ya...2703p.html#srp

if there are trees around you could always go "boyscout"...as a young boyscout, we would take a crap load of fir bows from the trees used to build out lean-to and poke the thick end into the ground in a row of 6 or 8 across...then another row with pointy end down that overlaps like feathers...make thicker or closer rows for snow or wet conditions and a small thin piece of plastic if really wet...we would also use this for when we built snow huts when winter camping below -20c

Z-lite seat or pad. Tough, quiet light and water proof.

i think you should look at Depends, the knock off brands just don't cut it

Quote Originally Posted by monasheemountainman View Post
    i think you should look at Depends, the knock off brands just don't cut it
    Do they come in real tree?
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..