Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Salmon open on the fraser!!!

Re: Salmon open on the fraser!!!

Columbia stocks are depressed too
    And the orcas are starving

[QUOTE]Ocean Surveys Show Poor Conditions For Columbia Basin SalmonIn the last few years the indicators have turned largely negative for Columbia River salmon, in large part because of unusually warm ocean temperatures, including the “warm blob,” a large swath of warm water that encompassed much of the West Coast beginning in 2013. “This is not just about salmon, however, it’s about an ocean ecosystem that is changing in ways that affect salmon and everything else out there,[/QUOTE]
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Put simply, what we take out of the ocean as seafood or bycatch is greater than what the ocean can sustainably provide. We are not only facing a decline in the capacity of our oceans to provide a sustainable food source but we are destroying the basic ecological processes and food chains that we and marine life depend on.
    __w.seachoice.org/state-of-our-oceans-2/
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Does the department of fisheries have any idea how many fish the native catch?

Thumbs down Re: Salmon open on the fraser!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 303savage View Post
    Does the department of fisheries have any idea how many fish the native catch?
    Not an Effin' Clue

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

The collapse of the west coast fisheries will make the east coast cod collapse look like a fart in a hurricane.
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

I was coming home late from work and saw the FN boats fishing the fraser at night. Boat lit up like a christmas tree with their nets in the water marked with lights... I know that it's illegal for us sport fishermen to fish at night, but I guess they can head out whenever they want. Ridiculous!

Natives kick ass, they are looking after the fish and wildlife as the government sees fit! Stewards of the land and should be given more rights, like the rights to the new Molsons brewery and a rye distillery and then they will be happy!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Quote Originally Posted by deltawaterfowler View Post
    I was coming home late from work and saw the FN boats fishing the fraser at night. Boat lit up like a christmas tree with their nets in the water marked with lights... I know that it's illegal for us sport fishermen to fish at night, but I guess they can head out whenever they want. Ridiculous!
    There's nothing in the regulations that says you or I can't fish after dark that I know of, I just looked again to be sure. Correct me if im wrong.

are you kiddimg me...no fishimg for salmon 1 hour after sunset for the last 15 years...now no zalmon fishing at night period for the last 7 years..put a real damper on a overworked family mans ability to bring fish home...pretty sure they banned night fishing for sturgeon now too..no more bar fishing with a deer steak drinking beer with wife picking you up on fraser..
    all lost.

some of my fondest memories was me at 4-5 years old and dad letting me fight a sturgeon at 1 am..sleeping in the camper beside a bell..