Thread: Recommended Stoves for 12 man Tipi Tent?

Recommended Stoves for 12 man Tipi Tent?

Hi there,

I am looking for a stove for a 12 man Outfitter Tent from Tipi Tent.

Wondering if you guys have any recommendation for stoves suppliers.

Thanks!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Recommended Stoves for 12 man Tipi Tent?

I have previously had a Riley stove and currently have the Outfitter model of the Cylinder stove. The Cylinder stove is far better in all regards except weight. Holds a good bed of coals all night if I am using decent wood.

I have a lite outdoors for my 8 manKifaru and its plenty big enough. Great customer service, Canadian made, very easy to set up.

Quote Originally Posted by 264mag View Post
    I have a lite outdoors for my 8 manKifaru and its plenty big enough. Great customer service, Canadian made, very easy to set up.
    Second lite outdoors. For the super light market it's the most economical as well

I also have the lite outdoors stove for our 8 Man Seek Outside Tipis. Ours has the baffle.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconator View Post
    I also have the lite outdoors stove for our 8 Man Seek Outside Tipis. Ours has the baffle.
    They make a spark arrestor now as well.

Thanks for the responses! For you guys who use Lite Outdoors, are you able to keep it burning through most, if not all the way through the night? Or do you have to constantly fidget with it? I saw a YouTube video where the dude said he had to adjust it every 1/2 hour

Quote Originally Posted by OceanMon View Post
    Thanks for the responses! For you guys who use Lite Outdoors, are you able to keep it burning through most, if not all the way through the night? Or do you have to constantly fidget with it? I saw a YouTube video where the dude said he had to adjust it every 1/2 hour
    Ive only given it test runs so far (could give you a better answer in about two and a half weeks). That being said, with the baffle and good dry wood I've been impressed with how long it burns. I doubt you'd get a whole night out of it but a few hours in good conditions doesn't seem unrealistic to me.

Hi guys,

What size pipe did you run through the top of your tipi tent? Did you use a double wall pipe? How do you prevent it from damaging the tent? Thanks!