Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Need help recovering ram

Re: Need help recovering ram

Ps srupp your normally a solid dude no offense taken i was saying..
    Simply ethically call that hunt over or shoot another sheep.
    I broke my leg packing a goat solo..i had to leave it to get out..not proud just decided no point going back and let my goat tag that year rott..you can not tag what you do not have legally.

Cheers Walks with deer. You post did not offend me. I know i made mistakes and thats why i want to learn more about it. Where did i hit the animal? Did it recover? What else should have i done during my search?

While im still young and dumb enough, i dont see the harm in getting a few more miles on the body and truly learning the lesson. If nothing else it would just mean the world to my hunting partner and i to find out what happened. Like i said earlier we put alot into this hunt and the sad ending cuts deep , as it would with all hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    Ps srupp your normally a solid dude no offense taken i was saying..
    Simply ethically call that hunt over or shoot another sheep.
    I broke my leg packing a goat solo..i had to leave it to get out..not proud just decided no point going back and let my goat tag that year rott..you can not tag what you do not have legally.
    Thank you.with Kirby help got a dog involved..will maybe know..with a group of sheep lots of fleeing sheep at the shot..but after tomorrow he will know, new hunter first sheep..shyte happens..
    Good history of you helping others.
    Cheers
    Steven

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    I disagree in 30plus heat you shoot a animal and dont find it. There is no trophy in recovery at that point..

Throw in the towel and admit you lost the animal.
    Recovering a week old carcess and claiming tbe horns is down right stupid.. i saw a guy register boon and crocket game he found a week later..no feet there. If you want to?
    A go look for that sheep cool hes probably still ticking.
    B.go pick up some maggot horns there is no pride there cool.
    C.go shoot another sheep cool.

But d go pick up some rotten shit you took the shot for the wrong reasons.

I would quit hunting tbose sheep for the season knowing i took one or go shoot another...
    Wow, pretty piss poor.

Good luck and stay safe
    …..better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Jack russel..understand intent..original poster wants to close the file great..seemed somepeople where encouraging him to pick up horns because its a sheep..sounds like chrysprin is a pretty ethical guy and will do what he needs to do..

No foul intent towards him..i wish him luck and closure.

Kirby's the man whoa nice on you hunter, excellent response on HBC from top class hunters Amen!
    -- this is what makes HBC the top of the chain now!
    And I was taught wounded animals go down hill so maybe try down a ways very slowly tho.
    Nice to have a new member with such class.
    Jello -- HELLO!

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispryn View Post
    Thanks again for everyones support and helpful suggestions. Kirby got me a contact for a very helpful and eager fella with a proven dog. We head in tomorrow. So by sunday i will know one way or another what happened to my ram. A very hard lesson to learn.

Thanks again guys. Good to be a part of a solid community.

Cheers
    Another positive post for hunters in BC!! And HBC!! Good to see other helping others and that there is still good people out there!!! Awesome connection Kirby!!!

Lets keeps this post positive no matter the outcome!!

Good luck Chris and no matter what happens, you hold your head up high and keep it there!! Your attitude and positivity is what is needed as a hunter and a person!! Thank you!!

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

good luck on your search

Quote Originally Posted by S.W.A.T. View Post
    Did you punch the tag?
    How do you explain to the CO that you have a punched sheep tag and no sheep. This is a CI animal
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

^^^^Could be wrong, but I took it simply as a question, not a suggestion that he should have cut his tag.