Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Whats in your daypack

Re: Whats in your daypack

Headlamp, GPS, some rope, 3 pillowcases (game bags), small first aid kit, 2L of water, sandwich, lighter, some TP, knife, rubber gloves (3 pair) and a compressible down sweater as an extra emergency layer .... the more I carry the less ground I can cover. I prefer to keep it to a minimum.

If I'm day hiking but with the possibility of spiking it for the night then that's a different story. Then a few extra items get tossed In like sleeping bag and glassing pad and a tarp.

Not carrying fuel or a stove or any of that. That's just too much weight. Dont need a hot meal every every day.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

For day hunts

Jetboil stove
    2 bottles of water
    instant coffee
    100’ spectra twine
    toque & gloves,puffy jacket-late season
    outdoor edge replaceable blade knife
    Kuiu game bag
    bandaid
    toilet paper
    tags
    deercall
    emergency blanket
    lighter
    compass
    cel phone
    batterypack
    jerky, trail mix, apple, protein bar

if if there’s a chance I’m going to spend a night, Valandre Shocking Blue sleeping bag, thermarest and one man Hilleberg tent.
    depending on where I’m hunting my spotting scope and tripod
    Last edited by Weatherby Fan; 12-25-2018 at 12:53 AM.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

By the time one packs some general use, survival, first aid , water and munchies I have a hard time getting it below 20 lbs. As I get older 20 pounds seem to get heavier and the mountains seem to be getting steeper.

Huh, good thread, especially for winter....

Let's see

Tags, etc
    flagging tape
    compass
    1 litre water bottle
    water proof poncho/slash ass cushion/slash emergency tent
    50 feet of strong, light line
    two lighters
    fixed blade sheath knife on belt
    razor sharp folding knife in pack
    sandwhich, snacks
    rain gear
    10 rounds extra ammunition
    glass cleaning kit
    binoculars with built in rangefinder on chest harness
    fa essentials: pressure bandage, tensor bandage, gauze, black electrical tape
    bone saw
    2 or 3 bandannas

This kit will vary depending on location, time of year and whether I am alone or not.

I used to try to carry everything for the day on my belt and in my pockets (no pack)...I would have on my belt a leatherman and an uncle henry as well as a mini mag light 30 ft of 8mm and a decent sized pouch with a small survival kit (fishing line and lures, halazone tabs, snare wire, bug dope, whistle, some thin cord, couple ways to start a fire, couple of oxo cubes and a spare mini flashlight with a piece of tape covering a the battery terminal), small first aid kit (misc bandaids, polysporin, steristrips, bottle of various pills and a mini tube of crazy glue) and some items for game/comfort (strong liver and heart bag, few squares of paper towel in a rubber glove with TP in the other glove, magic mini gloves with a bullet in each finger, a minibar bottle of vodka, a small cigar, backtracker GPS and spare batteries.....I recently started carrying a daypack with a few more items including some emergency food, emergency blanket and a large fixed blade knife, some spare clothes, a few nails and extra twine.....