Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: back country restrictions

Re: back country restrictions

Call the Williams Lake office if you have specific questions:

Good afternoon Cariboo region Wildlife Advisory Committee members,
    Access to certain areas for hunting in the Cariboo region will be restricted due to closures under the Wildfire Act. Please see the following notice:
    http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/sp...unting/hunting

Wildfire Notice: Due to severe wildfire activity, please be advised that vehicle and access restrictions are in place in portions of the province to prevent human-caused wildfires and protect human safety. While planning your angling, hunting, or trapping expedition please visit fire bans and restrictions for the most up to date information.
    Note that wildfire activity in parts of the Caribou and Thompson regions is particularly intense, with large portions of these areas still burning. If your hunt is planned for any of the following Management Units please ensure you first familiarize yourself with the forest use restrictions in place in those areas:

• Cariboo: MUs 5-3, 5-4, 5-6, 5-11, 5-12, 5-13 and 5-14.
    • Thompson: MUs 3-17, 3-18, 3-29 and 3-30

Hunters are reminded that these restrictions are in place to ensure their safety and the safety of firefighters on the ground.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________

The specific Forest Use restrictions and maps by fire centre are listed at the following website:

http://bcfireinfo.for.gov.bc.ca/hprS...eNews/Bans.asp

Information on BC Parks closed due to wildfire hazard can be found on the BC Parks website:

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/

Information on Rec Sites and Trails closed due to wildfire hazard can be found on the Rec Sites and Trails website:

http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/sp...g/sites-trails

No hunting closures have been put in place in the Cariboo region.

We are in the process of developing mapping to better illustrate the overlaps that these Wildfire Act restrictions have with wildlife management units, limited entry hunt zones and guiding territories.

Region 4 is the same

Forest Use Restrictions

Effective at noon (Pacific time) on Friday, Aug. 4, 2017, the operation of any off-road vehicle for recreational purposes on Crown land will be prohibited throughout the Southeast Fire Centre. In addition, all on-highway vehicles must remain on defined road surfaces.For more information read the following IB: http://bcfireinfo.for.gov.bc.ca/hprS...le.asp?ID=2834
    This step is being taken to help prevent human-caused wildfires and protect public safety. The operation of any off-road vehicles in these regions during the current wildfire situation creates a potential wildfire risk. While jeeps, trucks and other on-highway vehicles are permitted on designated roads, they are not allowed off-road.
    The prohibition of off-road vehicles and on-highway vehicles does not apply to private lands or national parks. It also does not apply to emergency responders or to agriculture or commercial/ industrial users who operate vehicles for farming, emergency response or business purposes.
    Effective immediately, Aug. 29, 2017, there is an area restriction in effect for Moyie Lake.This area restriction means that no watercraft are allowed on Moyie lake at any time.
    . In addition, all on-highway vehicles must remain on defined road surfaces. This means only F.S.R with no vegetation growing on road from ditch to ditch . This is what is told to day by the southeast forest district.
    Here is anther link with more info
    https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2017FLNR0255-001499
    Last edited by 338 whisper; 08-31-2017 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 338 whisper View Post
    This means only F.S.R with no vegetarian growing on road from ditch to ditch . This is what is told to day by the southeast forest district.

Hahahahaha So this is why there are so many vegetarians. We are growing them.

stupid spell correct

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound View Post
    Hahahahaha So this is why there are so many vegetarians. We are growing them.
    Good eyes..lol
    Srr

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post

Good eyes..lol
    Srr
    You might remember Steven.

Almost as good as about 11 years back when a member was asking advice on elf hunting......... he meant elk of course but the members gave him some hilarious advice for about 3 pages. *****

Hmmm humour is gud"..
    Always appreciate your wit and wisdom.
    Steven

So I wonder what they consider an on-highway vehicle.

I'll likely be taking my factory plated dual sport motorcycle out this weekend. The bike is off road capable, but I'll be riding a few hours on the highway to get where I'm going, so does that make it an on- highway vehicle?

No trails, deactivated roads, anything with any kind of vegetation growth, or any other kind of flammable material that could be ignited by a hot header pipe.

Quote Originally Posted by kagia View Post
    So I wonder what they consider an on-highway vehicle.

I'll likely be taking my factory plated dual sport motorcycle out this weekend. The bike is off road capable, but I'll be riding a few hours on the highway to get where I'm going, so does that make it an on- highway vehicle?

No trails, deactivated roads, anything with any kind of vegetation growth, or any other kind of flammable material that could be ignited by a hot header pipe.
    I swear I read in one of these links that bikes were included in the ORV ban and it didn't define on or off road motorcycles. I would be leery if I were you.