Thread: Charged by a black bear

Re: Charged by a black bear

Quote Originally Posted by monasheemountainman View Post
    but yeah you might as well stick him with your bow when the season opens up
    Yup.............

Bullet in the brain pan ....
    Put an end to this bear.
    There may be others that aren't aware of this potential danger, and they may pay the price.
    I've also been stalked and charged.

I with consider getting a bear tag.
    Obviously something is a bit different for this bear then what one would usually expect....which would be
    going the other way.
    As stated before, you are aware of this bear, but another that comes around will not be.
    Hard to say what the bear will do the next time?
    Best to give him a dirt nap, by bow.....but u did state 40 was too far, so rifle might make more sense...

You mentioned no berries. If that bear was creepy before, an empty belly makes him a huge liability.

Blacks are funny, in that the most sinister of intentions are often masked as "curiosity."

As Chilcotin mentioned above, the meat can be donated. I inquired last spring about donating bear meat to three different food banks in our area. All 3 eagerly requested the meat. It may have to go through a licenced butcher, but they will take it once it is processed. There are plenty of black bears around and I would not hesitate dispatching of this animal. It has quite obviously become comfortable around humans and to me that could very easily lead to a nasty encounter.
    There was a time I thought all parties that cared for wildlife and habitat conservation could find common ground. I was wrong. Adapt....

Or put some rubber bullets in your thunder stick, see if a hazing changes his behavior....
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

^^^^^^^uhhh you know what site your on right?...sept 10 drop this bear harvest the meat and open up that pocket for some other bear that still has its fear of humans to enjoy.....rubber bullets..thats cute.......best one I ever heard was a bear granade (bear spray can covered in peanut butter lmao.....would be a sight to see that sucker go off due to some bears k9's

Oh and glad your om caddis....could have been much worse brotha

Not wanting to hijack this thread . . . but in a similar vein. How's the best [non-lethal] way to keep a bear away?

Situation: Buddies off grid cabin that his mom inhabits year round. Trash is under control, but they have fruit trees and a garden that the Bear visits. His mom does not want it killed, but my buddy and I think it could use some form of "persuasion" to get it to move along. When we are up and outside we normally have 6 dogs that are constantly monitoring the situation and they have pushed it off a few times we think based upon their reactions.

It was up on her deck looking in the sliding glass door [and has done the same to a neighbour] and was not deterred by the 4 barking dogs she had in the house. Have captured it on my trail camera so it seems to patrol the area on a semi-regular basis. I always carry my pepper spray and my Rossi Ranch Hand when I go down to check the camera(s) and have had no issues. But he has vocalized from the woods to her while walking the dogs once near my camera.

Thanks, VFX

The fruit trees need to go if he want to keep bears away. Bears will always come to fruit.

I would say his mom should grow up and have the bear removed as it has become a dangerous bear, especially when it is showing no fear of dogs.