Thread: Fire Situation: Reg 3-17

Question Fire Situation: Reg 3-17

Hope everyone is faring well out there with the fire situation in the province currently.

I pulled a Mulie doe and Cow moose draw out of region 3-17 this season and am pretty pumped about it...was there last year with good success in the area and a mature buck. We were out of Cache Creek just south and I wanted to see how the area has been affected. I of course watch the news and have seen the devastation that has been shown of the region, my heart goes out to anyone who has been affected by this in any way.

Just wanted to hear from some who know the area or have passed through what it looks like out there. Not sure how animals will be affected from the fire come November or if they return to the area after a wildfire that fast. Have never hunted an area after any fires so was just wondering what peoples experience is there.

Cheers.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Fire Situation: Reg 3-17

After fire find any standinding timber put pack on take a bearing and hike in.

Anyone have any info on this at all?

Few moose around blue earth lake. For deer numbers are really low for the Murray creek drainage. Don't know northern 3-17 but southern is meh at best. Odd ok pocket for deer but they are too far of a hike for a doe