Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question for you sheep and goat hunters?

Re: Question for you sheep and goat hunters?

I run a mountain hardware as well. Wouldn't have it any other way!

We have been using a Big Agnes Copper Spur 3 for the last 4 years. Have had no issues with wind or snow.

hubba hubba for me for years... No issue ever. Heat wind rain snow bugs - all good. enoguht room for two and the double vestibule is great... Not sure about the Hilleberg, but I bet it doesn't compete value-wise.

TJ

Used a hilleberg Akto last year in the mountain and recently picked up a used Nammatj2 GT because the girlfriend wanted to start doing more camping. Haven't decided which ill be taking on this years mountain hunt. I'll be solo so its just a question of weight VS comfort room.

Hmmm my 4 season MHW..has seen total abuse by mother nature..if you look at high mountain adventures..real world you see lots of MHW..Nepal.etc..hmmm Big bore and another gent on sheep hunt..stone sheep..winds came in and destroyed the 3rd guys tent..later on Dave's tent developed issues..with Dave and G..in it..
    On another hunt 18 inches of snow cracking breaking trees..tent was fine. .on another mountain caribou hunt winds like a freight train both tents have seen a decade of use..not 1 drop, not 1 tear..I havnt seen a new model..but truly would be surprised if quality degraded . possible. .i also like the adjustable independent rain fly versus H
    HOWEVER both are at the top of the list..i chose MHW never regretted it once.
    One tent 4 season.
    One tent super lite weight sheep season tent..rain and wind..lots of ventilation.
    Cheers
    Steven

Hubba Hubba here, as Timberjack says. I have camped in an inch of water or rather soggy ground, pitched the tent, and the lips on the edge of the ground sheet (floor) curl up enough to keep the inside absolutely dry. I have used it on some pretty extreme hunts, never let me down yet, and I will continue to use it until I have a problem. I highly recommend this tent. It has an entry on each side to let you and your buddy get in at his own pace, and a fly on each side to cover both yours and your hunting partner's pack. Also, as an aside, I spent all kinds of time researching tents, for this exact reason, before I bought my hubba hubba, and this is the one I settled on, that was a few years ago now. I will be swayed if something better or more high-tech comes out, hey I will be the first to consider it, but this is the tent for now. PS, there is also a Hubba, which is a single person tent, a bit lighter, etc. and also a Motha Hubba, which is a 3 person tent. Check them out.

I have a BA fly Creek UL2. Stands up to some significant weather.

dont overlook location when you set up your tent. Can solve a lot of your problems before they start.

hmmmmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by SR80 View Post
    hmmmmmmm...
    Hmmmmm, My thoughts exactly. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmmm my 4 season MHW..has seen total abuse by mother nature..if you look at high mountain adventures..real world you see lots of MHW..Nepal.etc..hmmm Big bore and another gent on sheep hunt..stone sheep..winds came in and destroyed the 3rd guys tent..later on Dave's tent developed issues..with Dave and G..in it..
    On another hunt 18 inches of snow cracking breaking trees..tent was fine. .on another mountain caribou hunt winds like a freight train both tents have seen a decade of use..not 1 drop, not 1 tear..I havnt seen a new model..but truly would be surprised if quality degraded . possible. .i also like the adjustable independent rain fly versus H
    HOWEVER both are at the top of the list..i chose MHW never regretted it once.
    One tent 4 season.
    One tent super lite weight sheep season tent..rain and wind..lots of ventilation.
    Cheers
    Steven

what tent did Dave (big boar) have?