Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Question for you sheep and goat hunters?

Question for you sheep and goat hunters?

Hello everyone. I was wondering what models of hilleberg tents you have been using on your goat and sheep hunts. I just got back from my first stone sheep hunt and have decided my tent is just to light duty for this kind of hunt. Didn't handle the winds worth a s**t but kept me dry. Any info would help out for next season. Good luck to all heading out still. Happy hunting.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Question for you sheep and goat hunters?

Not using a Hilleberg but curious what didnt work for you. May save someone from going through the same experience.

Cheers, rob
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Hmmm go Mountain hardware" don't personally think H is as good as MHW"..IMO.have 2 MHW FROM 18 inches wet snow..to hell acoustic winds and rivers of water underneath..never a drop, never an issue.
    Cheers
    Steven

I have the Big Agnes Seed house 1man tent. It's great in warmer weather and not much wind, but the high winds and heavy snow were hard on it this passed hunt.

I'll look into MHW tents! Thanks

I've used the Atko, Staika, Nammatj 2 Gt and Nallo 3 Gt. I don't really think there's a wrong Hilleberg choice you just have to decide what you want it to do, the vestibule of the Gt models is a God send for 2 guys. That being said if theres a chance for heavy wind and snow I'd pick a Nammatj Gt and for a do all I'd take the Nallo Gt

I've used the Kaitum 3 for 10 years now. No regrets. My buddies had total destruction with their MH two years ago on a caribou/sheep hunt. Not the first time I've heard this. Once bitten . . .
    "Every time is a once-in-a-lifetime experience . . . all different" Glenn St. Charles

LIFE MEMBER: RMGA, WSSBC, BGRCBC

After hearing all the good reviews of Hilleberg I just got a nallo 2gt (with the vestibule). Only took it to the alpine once this summer scouting for mulies and elk in nice weather with tons of bugs so didn't put it to too much of a test. You can feel the quality and the vestibule would be great for two people in the tent to keep some gear covered. I've only ever used free standing tents in the past so it takes a bit more for set up with the tunnel type. (Still pretty easy though, only need four stakes) Would love to commit to going after sheep one day.

Nallo2 GT here. Have logged 30'ish nights both solo and duo in all weather/terrain conditions. Much to be said for a company that focuses on one product line and takes pride in quality. Only gripe, is the GT's have a large footprint, though in fairness the vestibule area is like a second tent that doesn't need good ground. And they're a bit heavy to double as a solo tent for mountain pursuits.

Not gonna slag other tent makers, but Hilleberg tents stand alone in strength to weight and are in a class of their own. The Niak has caught my interest for a sheep tent and a 3 season Hille is tougher than most 4 season expedition tents from other tent makers.

Great feed back already gents much appreciated!