Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Binocular harness what do you use ?? Prose and cons?

Re: Binocular harness what do you use ?? Prose and cons?

Alaska guide creations here as well. Compact and protects the bino's when hiking through the brush. Fits the body well and doesn't swing around. A couple of small pockets to hold a few essentials as well.

I have the original Sitka style. Others are right, they are bulky compared to other options but I love mine. Keeps my binos clean and protected. I also hang an elk call, deer stopper and wind powder off it so it's handy and easy to grab. When it's snowing is when it's most worth it!

I bought a cheap Alpz one and used it last season. It worked pretty well. This year I actually won a Badlands one form a draw at WWS in Langley. I haven't used it yet, but it's quite comfortable and seems to fit the 10x42's well with room for other bits and pieces.

this is the one: http://www.badlandspacks.com/gear/op...binocular-case

I've been using the vortex harness, but I'd like to try a pouch this year. I was looking at the badlands, but the Alaska guide creations one sounds interesting.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

Love my badlands pouch. Carry my binos, rangefinder and lens pen inside. Have never had an issue with fogging and I sweat like crazy.

I have the Badlands as well and like it.

I too use the Alaska Guide Creations. They have a number of different sizes and pocket configurations if you are worried about bulkiness. Love mine, keeps the binos protected and close to the body (out of the way) even when bending over etc. Mine has the extra bottom pocket and 2 small side pockets. They keep my wind indicator and a call or 2 all handy in front so I can access everything with one hand.

I dug a vintage set of Lisenfeld binos out of retirement when I decided to try large game hunting a few years ago. They come with a leather case which fell apart at the seams on me last season. No biggie since I generally leave the case in the vehicle once in the field. The tiny leather straps also snapped on me last season. My solution, 550 cord. I had the cord on hand for a field fix & have used it ever since. During the colder part of hunting season I wear an Air Force parka with large zippered pocket at the front. Keeps them dry & protected, easy to carry and takes the pressure off the cord around my neck when they are stowed. The binos slip in there perfectly while hiking & I can pull them out easily with one hand when needed.

I used the vortex one for years but switched this year to the kuiu bino harness and I like it better already. Keeps them up nice and high and don't feel them at all.