Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Binocular harness what do you use ?? Prose and cons?

Binocular harness what do you use ?? Prose and cons?

I'm in the market for a new binocular harness and would love to know what you use and what you like and don't about them.. I had a kuiu but it only lasted one season.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Binocular harness what do you use ?? Prose and cons?

A cheap $12.99 harness off amazon. Just two elastic straps around the shoulders.

I don't get the point of those big bino chest bags. They are expensive and look like they would make me even sweatier than I usually am given their size.

I've seen some that I swear looked like a mini baby carrier in front lol

I love my Alaska Guide Creations. Very comfy harness and protects my binos, as well as gives a little storage on the chest which I like. The downside is some people find it a little bulky (the harness and the buckles), and I wish the lid folded open the other way. Love it though.

Alaska guide creations for the win. Myself and the hunting partner both use one. i used one of the amazon harnesses before and this puts it to shame.

I've used a Leupold simple cross shoulder harness and now a Badlands chest bag holder. Honestly, I don't like either. One offers no protection from the elements, the other is a glorified murse.

I'm more inclined to have something that combines both. Sleek and offering some protection, at least to to lens ends.

Also, the Badlands is hot and soaks up body moisture which leads to fogging the bins on the inside of the bag. After a week of chasing sheep, the bag smells like hockey equipment, so the last week is a real treat.

Plane ol basic vortex one.
    Works for me?
    i hate all those bulky silly lookin things. Some guys got so many gadgets strapped to them they look like they are going to war

I have one of:
    https://www.vero-vellini.com/product...ocular-harness

It beats a neck strap and the sore neck that goes along with wearing one for an extended time, at least for me.

I also have an Allen binocular strap, from good old Princess Auto. It's that same idea. Although it is cheaper than the other, I like the fit and adjustability better on the Allen.

I will say that both can be inconvenient when bending over or moving quickly where they could start to bounce or swing. Maybe not unlike (.)(.)??
    Pretend hunter.

Alaska guide creations for the win here as well... Holds my licence, tags, range finder, knife, and some safety stuff.. I can drop my pack, make a stalk and still have everything I need!

I've been running the bad lands for a long time. It's been great but does soak up water and fogs your bins. I do like the magnets on it. I just purchased the Alaska guide creations for my new Swarovskis and find it a way better setup
    WSSBC Life Member
    WSSBC Monarch Member
    CCFR Member