Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Backroad access restrictions

Backroad access restrictions

Read on the goverment page that there is a crown land access restricion for most of region 3/8 where we would usually hunt come september if this is in place till october 31st how will the season change will Nov wind up 4pt only? Is there precedence on this ?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Backroad access restrictions

Ok so I'm confused it says all on highway vehicles must remain on designated roads. So does that mean I can still drive up a forest service road park and go bow hunt?
    Last edited by Rayne; 08-21-2017 at 06:39 AM.

I may be mistaken but I could only see that the restriction being for the elephant hill area. Can you provide a link to the page so we can read it?

This is what I found. https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2017FLNR0239-001462
    Last edited by doug0673; 08-21-2017 at 06:50 AM.

You can expect the weather to turn in the next couple of weeks. As it typically does. Most restrictions on land access don't last long once September comes. You certainly won't see 'dynamic' regulation changes in wildlife seasons, simply because of a fire or dry forest. I agree with Rayne, the real restrictions he posted the link to, pertain to Elephant Hill.
    While some areas have unique and specific restrictions (such as Elephant Hill), in general as I understand it second hand from a friend that talked with a NRO: with the commencement of hunting season, (Sept 01), you can drive, park and use back country roads (No ORV's). As the link posted by medic11 above indicates, no off road activity. And use camping areas, as long as its an obvious camping spot. Officials are asking you not to let your vehicles idle, particularly if the grass is dry and easily flammable. For camping, it's probably a good idea to show due diligence and have some extra water containers near cooking areas.

The elephant hill fire zone covers all our spots from Merritt all the way to princton and includes kelowna and kammy? Its a pretty big range if you look at it.

Also the information in the faq vs the current goverment page info is contradictory?

If you are referring to the map in the link Rayne provided, then, according to the one box on the right hand side, that map only appears to pertain to fire bans, not the ORV bans ad not the back country bans...

Expect restrictions until after the long weekend imo