Thread: LEM Grinders

LEM Grinders

Anybody have one?
    Comments?
    I've been considering a new grinder for a while and bought the LEM #22 today. Way more money than I really wanted to spend but the reviews were very favorable and I expect it to be a lifetime machine.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: LEM Grinders

I have a #8, 575w model, smaller than yours I'm guessing? I've used it for 4 years now but only for processing deer, have not put it thru the paces of a bigger animal. It seems to work just fine for that purpose. I do find the one issue with mine is the when putting the nut on to hold it all together it seems that it will bind up some if the nut is tightened too far, something I just learned to deal with and I check the nut often as I'm running it. Other than that it does the job as intended.

I have the 1/2 hp cabelas unit....works with everything I've put though it, as fast as I can feed it. 100 pounds of moose ata time,150 pounds of steer meat....the secret is to cube the meat so no long sinue gets wrapped in the auger.

I have the 3/4hp and ran elk and moose through fast as I could feed it, very happy with it. I also cube meat and freeze components before use too.

I have the 8 and it handles anything that I throw in it with ease.Deer, moose, elk, or bear all comes out looking the same. It works great. Easy to clean too.

Accidentally sold a 575 watt to a customer years ago. So instead of returning it I bought it. Then another customer bought it off of me privately. Then I got my goat and borrowed it off of her to grind him up. Wish I had kept it. Had a weston #8, got through two bears and a deer then I burnt it out... oops!!

To clarify... the weston burn out was my own fault
    Last edited by warnniklz; 08-22-2017 at 04:35 PM. Reason: clarification

I had a LEM for 3 weeks..then sold it off.fast.went to Cabelas..1 1/2 hp..the new Cabelas Carnivore has some great upgrades.
    Tips.
    Keep blades and plates matched/ paired up forever, they wear into each other.
    Plates, blades auger in freezer 4 hours prior to grinding keeps meat colder and protein from starting to bind.
    Front lock ring tight.
    Meat cut into pieces easily thrown down throat opening.
    Meat into freezer for 4 hours prior to grinding.
    Grind pork and second grinding mix it with game meat.
    Good luck
    Steven

Private Messaged You

have had a lem #12 - 3/4 hp for 4-5 years now. fantastic machine with their 'big bite' auger. can't keep up with it. rock solid unit & would buy another without hesitation.