Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: P rated goodyear wrangler duratrac

Re: P rated goodyear wrangler duratrac

Well got the ko2s put on yesterday. They look pretty good and so far on the road don't notice much more noisy or rougher ride than the stock tires. Hoping to hit some logging roads soon looking for grouse.

Duratracs are pretty good skins but fer kripes sake don't ever buy anything P rated unless you never plan on leaving the pavement. Actually you'll probably still get flats from winter sand! I spent a lot of years without much money and drove beater trucks but I always bought D or E rated tires. If you do that there's 3/4 of your reliability issues dealt with right there.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Quote Originally Posted by NChunter View Post
    Well got the ko2s put on yesterday. They look pretty good and so far on the road don't notice much more noisy or rougher ride than the stock tires. Hoping to hit some logging roads soon looking for grouse.
    Great TIRE I Run them on my Chev Diesel truck and Jeep ! RJ

Got almost 100k out of a set on my 09 double cab Tacoma that saw tons of pavement and maybe 2000k of gravel. They were E-rated. I also have a Diesel one ton. I don't see myself putting Duratracs on that rig.

Its always useful to hear what rig the tires are on and the actual use. Best tire for one guy can be crap for another!

When you have a flat while out on your hunting trip in the middle of nowhere its too late to say [I should have]. Buy the best tire out there. In my opinion toyo but there are other brands out there.

I wouldn't get the P rated tires, i have a 4 door wrangler and i went with the the 10 ply. Never had issues with them, with lots of FSR and trail miles on them, i would rather be overkill than be stuck in the bush. I have seen some P rated blowout before on some pretty easy terrain.

What's a good all around tire pressure for e rated duratracs on an f 150?

max pressure is 80psi which might be fine for a 1 ton with a camper...
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

Quote Originally Posted by Moe.JKU View Post
    I wouldn't get the P rated tires, i have a 4 door wrangler and i went with the the 10 ply. Never had issues with them, with lots of FSR and trail miles on them, i would rather be overkill than be stuck in the bush. I have seen some P rated blowout before on some pretty easy terrain.
    My 07 GMC Sierra Z71 came with P rated tires. To be honest, I never looked at the rating when I bought the truck and it wasn't my intention on taking it anywhere off well maintained FSR's. I was on an early season elk trip and headed up Gold Creek FSR "which was in very good condition" with nothing more than day hunt gear in the truck. As a rounded a corner at about 60km/hr the ass of the truck kicked out and my tire pressure sensor came into alarm. When I stopped and had a look, the tire side wall blew completely out and the tire was partially off the rim. I didn't hit anything. Pretty scary to think what could have happened if this had occurred at a faster speed.

long story short, I switched to BF Goodrich KO's, and now KO2's. Never has an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohwildwon View Post
    What's a good all around tire pressure for e rated duratracs on an f 150?

max pressure is 80psi which might be fine for a 1 ton with a camper...
    You're gonna have to track mileage and ride yourself, but try 30psi. If it rides like an unloaded 1 ton...dial.it down. If it feels squishy, and handles like shit, crank it up to 35-40. Continue as necessary.
    I had 235/85r16 super swampers on my old Toyota truck. 10 ply, load range E. I had a spike of wood go through one leaving a job in James bay, heard the BOOM, stopped and looked at my tires...they were fine, so I drive to my buddy's place in Langford. I noticed when I left his place that there was a 2" hole in the tread of the tire. It didn't look, or feel, or handle, flat at all. So...kinda depends on the tire and the truck what pressure is appropriate!
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.