Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: P rated goodyear wrangler duratrac

Re: P rated goodyear wrangler duratrac

I have had my Gen2 Frontier for 10 years and have ran the stock P Metrics, D, and E rated tires. I currently have some Goodyear Mud tires in D and they have been my favourite thus far. P's are too soft, E's are quite stiff and float but the D's do well on rock, shale, mud, and the road.

I've had pebbles push through the tread on p rated tires driving on good logging roads

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Want to ruin a hunting trip? Run P rated tires on gravel roads! Dude, do yourself a favour and put on at least 8 ply tires. I just bought some Nokian Rockproof tires for my 1 ton. These tires were actually built for shot rock roads, like those on the island. Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Not a chance. D or E rated only.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

Every time I pickup a new truck, the "P's" stay in he lot.

Quote Originally Posted by 300rum700 View Post
    I've had pebbles push through the tread on p rated tires driving on good logging roads
    I had a small rock do that on a city street driving to work one morning. Only 8 or 10 plies ever since and no more problems.
    Growing old is unavoidable. Growing up is highly overrated....

On my second set of Duratracs and I think they're great so between your two stated options I would go with them for sure. I have a 1 ton diesel so with less weight you'll get even better life outta them...

I have Duratracks right now and they have been great for the last two years year round. I have just bought the Trail Hogs from Katina as they are Duratrack knock offs and they seem to be working well. 10
    ply with 3 ply sidewalls for less then most places Duratracks. Look around and you can find some deals.

Just swapped into 4 10 ply GY Duratracs yesterday from a set of 3 year old General Grabber AT2'S on the F150. Drove them (Duratracs) back from the 'Gar and out on a trail cam tour to test them out (341km roundtrip). Huge difference in ride comfort both on and off road right off the hop. IMO General's AT2 product is definitely designed and priced for long life and even wear with average traction, not so much ride and comfort over the long haul. This last set compared quite closely with BFG AT KO2 at initial purchase (ok maybe not so much in ride quality), but after the first year or so (27,000km) significantly lost their grip in late season wet grass/mud and early freeze up conditions in the Boundary. Never had a flat in 87,000km and rotated them religiously. So far am happy with the Duratracs, love the softer ride and will not be putting on the punishing km's that the former set did so treadlife is a smaller concern especially since these GY's are significantly more aggressive in pattern. To the OP, do not leave the pavement without D/E rated tires regardless of load, as stated above eventually they will ruin the day/trip/hunt etc.. FYI as far as GY products are concerned, I have heard (feel free to correct) that the only difference between D and E rated LT tires is an extra lining (or ply) on the interior of the E rated tire that acts as a bladder that will support more air pressure - load.
    "Just ask anybody who packs a 338... the 30-06 will bounce off a grizzly!"

"I am not here to awaken sheep, I am here to awaken sleeping lions" Husky7mm

Ive had both, prefer the all terrains, they're quieter, wear better and don't hold rocks like the duratracs do.