Thread: Starting to think about the fall

Starting to think about the fall

Not around the site much anymore, but seems i'm going to have quite a chunk of time off from late Oct to Early Dec. Some hunts planned, but would really like to try and get back into waterfowl.

in the okanagan, have a dozen floater mallards, and a dozen halfshell Canadians. Anyone need an extra guy to fill a trip, or add deeks to the spread, let me know. my calling is awful, but it's getting better.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Starting to think about the fall

Good to see you back Amphib.At least your honest on your calling.Gonna give it a try here this fall. Haven't a clue? Cheers Mark

Some pointers when I started out. Buy some 1/2" conduit and build a layout blind. Any mesh fabric will work sew on it. Flat brown and grey paint to cover it and you can lay out in the middle of a corn field or marsh and have fun. I mainly went after geese but the mallards came into my goose spread. Another thing watch for layout blinds at yard sales. Ask if any hunting stuff is available.
    Better half won't eat geese anymore so I quit hunting them.
    Calling takes practise.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

It's getting closer need to add some more decoys and scout some new spots for this season. Working with my new pup. He won't be a lot of help this season but plan to take him out and see if I can get some retrieves out of him at least.