Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Giving us all a bad name!!

Re: Giving us all a bad name!!

Quote Originally Posted by tipper View Post
    Doubtful that poachers would gut an animal in the middle of a well used road...
    Dont doubt the stupidity of poachers

with BCs lack of COs most don't try to hard to be sneaky

Quote Originally Posted by Islandroamer View Post
    having known many "whitys" that do this sort of thing, not fair to automatically blame it on the aboriginal people. As an aboriginal myself who respects the land this sort of comment gets to me. But don't get me wrong there are some that abuse it and give aboriginals a very bad image and ruin it for us. Just because there is a carcass on the side of the road doesn't mean it was an aboriginal person
    At some point, an assumption is a reasonable assumption. Stereotypes don't come out of nowhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Is it possible it was roadkill and someone decided to take the carcass home?

Quote Originally Posted by xandra View Post
    Not impossible but unlikely. It's also illegal without a trappers license and registered trap line

"Someone"?? You mean a licensed trapper?

Your guess is as good as mine but not too likely but who knows.

I

Quote Originally Posted by scoutlt1 View Post
    "Someone"?? You mean a licensed trapper?
    Personally I would say it's on the early side for a trapper to be collecting roadkill but not impossible but unlikely

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Personally I would say it's on the early side for a trapper to be collecting roadkill but not impossible but unlikely
    maybe taxidermist

having known many "whitys" that do this sort of thing, not fair to automatically blame it on the aboriginal people. As an aboriginal myself who respects the land this sort of comment gets to me. But don't get me wrong there are some that abuse it and give aboriginals a very bad image and ruin it for us. Just because there is a carcass on the side of the road doesn't mean it was an aboriginal person
    totally agree with you there. Just takes a few asshats to eff everything up for the rest of us. bit of a stretch to accuse anyone without anymore info.
    Last edited by Red_Mist; 08-19-2017 at 04:57 PM.

I agree with you and I am a 'whity'.

Expect unfair and even racist comments though. Internet forums (including HBC) are not necessarily fair in what is published.
    . . . . .If I don't respond to your postings, maybe it is because you are on my "IGNORE" list
    . . . . . . . . . . . . I don't see the garbage you write. It's a wonderful tool