Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Giving us all a bad name!!

Giving us all a bad name!!

We have a cabin up mount baldy and my daughter just sent me a photo of a gut pile, the animal was shot in the middle of the main road to Oliver and
    dragged off to the side of the road, gutted and the gut pile left there for all to see.

What the hell is wrong with people no attempt to even drag it to the bush where it would not be visible to everyone!!

I thought of posting the photo (graphic) but probably no point as I do not think from a gut pile you can tell what the animal was, I think bear are open
    so probably not a poached animal.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Giving us all a bad name!!

A gut pile in a ditch offends you? Quick! To the safe space!

That's the problem it is not in a ditch it is level with the road, she said it was visible a long way down the road b4 they got up to it.

I would agree in areas that see traffic from the general public it is best to put in effort to keep gut piles off the roads. It's not that hard to keep them off main roads and keeps some from complaining. Mt Baldy especially this time of years sees a good amount of non hunter traffic

If there's any other animals in the area it'll probably be mostly gone over night, I wouldn't worry about it.

Keepers of the land doing there thing . Nothing to see here Whity's just keep on moving .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

I agree, guess I am from the old school where our fathers taught us differently. Just don't like to see it!
    Quote Originally Posted by russm View Post
    If there's any other animals in the area it'll probably be mostly gone over night, I wouldn't worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by campking View Post
    I agree, guess I am from the old school where our fathers taught us differently. Just don't like to see it!
    Lots of hunter share your view on keeping gut piles out of sight in busy areas. I was taught this from a young age even though they don't last long.

To others yes gut piles can be eaten up fast by scavengers but not always. They can hang around for awhile seen it first hand. As a trapper I have set out bait stations that have taken weeks to be hit hard enough to be impacted.

Dont assume things are always cleaned up fast it's not always the case

358mag could also be correct that it was not left by a hunter with the limited opertunity available to hunters this time of year good chance it was not a hunter. More likely a poacher or FN that are not restricted by hunting seasons

Thank you for adding your comments, not sure Amphibious understood my concern but that is ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Lots of hunter share your view on keeping gut piles out of sight in busy areas. I was taught this from a young age even though they don't last long.

To others yes gut piles can be eaten up fast by scavengers but not always. They can hang around for awhile seen it first hand. As a trapper I have set out bait stations that have taken weeks to be hit hard enough to be impacted.

Dont assume things are always cleaned up fast it's not always the case

358mag could also be correct that it was not left by a hunter with the limited opertunity available to hunters this time of year good chance it was not a hunter. More likely a poacher or FN that are not restricted by hunting seasons

having known many "whitys" that do this sort of thing, not fair to automatically blame it on the aboriginal people. As an aboriginal myself who respects the land this sort of comment gets to me. But don't get me wrong there are some that abuse it and give aboriginals a very bad image and ruin it for us. Just because there is a carcass on the side of the road doesn't mean it was an aboriginal person