Thread: Road condition to Seymour Arm and Anstey Range

Question Road condition to Seymour Arm and Anstey Range

I am planning my LEH hunting trip to the Antsey range (MU 3-35) and I was trying to gather some information about the conditions of the roads that loop around the Antsey range. Here is the link of the loop:

https://goo.gl/maps/2WAqDQMpHSD2

If someone has done the loop recently or driven on one of the roads and turned around because of the road conditions and would like to share the info with me, I would really appreciate it.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Road condition to Seymour Arm and Anstey Range

I guess there is not too many people who travel on these two roads...

Quote Originally Posted by chele View Post
    I guess there is not too many people who travel on these two roads...
    my parents live at seymour, but go along north side of lake, the Perry River road was closed a couple years from bridges being washed out. I have not heard of them being repaired. There was another thread regarding this,not to long ago, I replied. Maybe look on my history? For the link. I'm unable at moment

I think the western part of loop is open, what u hunting? Very steep on perry river road, that's the road calgary as use to get to seymour arm(over half the people there) try calling daniels store in seymour

Quote Originally Posted by Seymourarm View Post
    I think the western part of loop is open, what u hunting? Very steep on perry river road, that's the road calgary as use to get to seymour arm(over half the people there) try calling daniels store in seymour
    Thanks, i am hunting for mountain goat. i was hoping to glass from perry lake and loop around and go up from the western face of the range since the western road seem fairly used by forestry companies for what i saw on google maps so i can get higher with the truck.

Thanks, i am hunting for mountain goat. i was hoping to glass from perry lake and loop around and go up from the western face of the range since the western road seem fairly used by forestry companies for what i saw on google maps so i can get higher with the truck.
    I believe that road, Gorge road is open. It's rugged , awsome scenery road. There are many roads heading east into you zone. And some do climb. If I was going that's better then the other road. I will text my mom, she Can ask a calgary neighbor if it's open I'll try get back to you later today

My dad replied already our neighbors and other albertans are using the long route along north side of shuswap. Where do u live?

I will be leaving from Vernon. So the Albertan's have to go pass salmon arm to go on the north road.that's a long way. Anyways, thanks for letting me know.

I will be leaving from Vernon. So the Albertan's have to go pass salmon arm to go on the north road.that's a long way. Anyways, thanks for letting me know.
    The Albertans my folks asked go that way (salmon arm, north side of lake) maybe the gorge road just in shitty condition though. I'd try the store they are on facebook.

Check out this document.the north fork fsr- perry is closed. The gorge fsr is open. https://www.for.gov.bc.ca/dos/Dist_d...2030-2017.docx

google search "dos fsr status"
    hopefully that helps. For the road permit roads you would have to call Louisiana Pacific directly. Pretty sure that's their operation area