Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I Am A Trophy Hunter

Re: I Am A Trophy Hunter

I too am as selective as it gets.
    I make no apologies.

I have not entered my animals in the book as I hunt for my satisfaction and certainly do not need the recognition of others or a piece of paper for gratification.
    It doesnt make me a better man either.
    I just enjoy the challenge and dance of hunting down the elite of the elite.
    They usually win but when I do the feeling is quite something.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

The trophy hunt isn't just about shooting a monster sized deer with a nice big crown to hang on the wall; rather, the trophy hunt is about having the will to prepare to work, hunt and survive in a legendary trophy-filled game area with the deadliest terrain, far from any city, hospital or civilization. The trophy hunt is about being able to survive alone, weeks and weeks, even months in the bush with the harshest and toughest of mother nature's elements - and doing so while looking after a string of horses isn't easy. Regardless of going home with a trophy or not, those who have gone and come back having accomplished such an extraordinary feat can call themselves a trophy hunter or bushman in a class by themselves. Those who say otherwise are jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastX View Post
    The trophy hunt isn't just about shooting a monster sized deer with a nice big crown to hang on the wall; rather, the trophy hunt is about having the will to prepare to work, hunt and survive in a legendary trophy-filled game area with the deadliest terrain, far from any city, hospital or civilization. The trophy hunt is about being able to survive alone, weeks and weeks, even months in the bush with the harshest and toughest of mother nature's elements - and doing so while looking after a string of horses isn't easy. Regardless of going home with a trophy or not, those who have gone and come back having accomplished such an extraordinary feat can call themselves a trophy hunter or bushman in a class by themselves. Those who say otherwise are jealous.
    100%

Few know what it takes and the sacrifices necessary to just be in the position let alone close.
    The sacrifice makes the reward that much sweeter.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

What about the book buck that was shot at Thunderbird Show Park in Langley?
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

I agee with most of what has been posted here but I'm a meat hunter.As long as its legal and my freezer is empty its going down.Not to say I haven't passed up a decent bear or Deer.

To a large degree I'm trophy hunter, but I ultimately do hunt to fill the freezer. From the beginning of the hunt and on towards the middle, I'll pass up any smaller animals so I can continue hunting, to try to get something really big. Passing up the smaller, younger animals in favour of a bigger, older animal, which is theoretically closer to death anyway, due to greater age, makes sense to me.

When near the end of my available hunting time, I'll change my focus towards anything legal in order to just fill the freezer. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. Last year for example, I passed up two spike/fork moose bulls near the beginning, then didn't see anything near the end, so ended up going home empty handed. Being successful is definitely my ultimate goal, but I'm actually quite okay with not getting something sometimes, because it gives me more time to enjoy what I love, to be in beautiful places longer, and to experience more of those peaceful surroundings.
    .375 H&H, .375 Ruger, .375 Weatherby - THE 3 KINGS!!!

This was a great post, and it inspired me even though I never really think of myself as a trophy hunter, to declare that I am a trophy hunter and hopefully in turn spark a conversation with some people on social media about why its not a bad thing to be a trophy hunter, even if we are late to the party so to speak in this regard.
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Great post. I am a hunter. I don't like the term "Trophy Hunter", it is a tag put upon us by others to try and help them understand our passion. Ever game animal
    harvested legally is a trophy in its own right. To display my harvested game animals and appreciate the memories of the hunt they represent is my tribute to them.

I dislike the term trophy Hunter. It generates no positive thoughts in my mind and I have hunted for 40 years. Personally I have only shot one bear( cinnamon phase). Didn't care for the meat too much, so I have never taken another bear.
    I have taken many moose and deer ... I would never hunt grizzly as I have no desire to consume the meat. I would shoot one if it became obvious it was after my hide,but that's just survival. LOL!
    I can see this trophy grizzly ban as the thin edge of the wedge as the bleed heart liberals want to end hunting...
    Stand up for your rights folks..