Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I Am A Trophy Hunter

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Re: I Am A Trophy Hunter

A trophy is in the eye of the beholder........at that moment it doesn't matter about antler or horn size........

am I a Trophy Hunter ???

I'm very selective about the deer I hunt as Ive shot lots of bucks but I haven't in a several years as I'm always looking for that whopper, last year I passed on a dozen different 4 points..........so yeh maybe I am but I've never considered myself in that terminology...... "Trophy Hunter" !
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Completely understand personal a mix of both meat and trophy. I also play with different weapons to change my experience

It is the hunt I experience that drives me to go out every year more than the harvest. To challenge ones self and test what you are able to endure mentally/physically builds ones character

tell people all the time what I experience during the hunt is something a non hunter will never know

You should call yourself just a hunter. No such thing as trophy hunting imo. I hate that term the lib media is trying to push on us.

Who cares if someone wishes to pass on 100 animals before taking "the one?"

I am a trophy hunter as well and proud of it!
    By being one I have saved the lives of many an animal.

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    I agree. Selective Hunting is a more proper term, IMO
    Trophy Wife versus Selected Wife?
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Quote Originally Posted by Surrey Boy View Post
    I think a trophy wife is like the second or third kick at the can. The first time you're happy to get one, the second or third time you are not as desperate to get your feet wet, and are more careful about where you aim your sights thinking of all of the work involved after you pull the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Boner View Post
    I think a trophy wife is like the second or third kick at the can. The first time you're happy to get one, the second or third time you are not as desperate to get your feet wet, and are more careful about where you aim your sights thinking of all of the work involved after you pull the trigger.

Plus being sure you get your $ worth after the expense of the first attempts lol

I'm not a trophy hunter... but I aspire to be one.

I usually just shoot the first legal animal that comes along, and then put it in my freezer. Still, I have tremendous respect for those of you who are better hunters than I am, who can hold out for and find those older animals who are closer to the end, who have already contributed to the heard with the furthering of their genetics.

What I really want is the meat, but if I can have the meat and the trophy with which to remember my hunt and the animal that fed me, all the better.
    A conservationist is an environmentalist with a gun.

personally, anything I harvest is considered a trophy in my eyes, it is a lot more difficult and costly to put meat in the freezer, or a head on the wall than heading to the grocery store.

Quote Originally Posted by Surrey Boy View Post
    Depends on the rack!
    We can only be kept in the cages we do not see. @