Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I Am A Trophy Hunter

I Am A Trophy Hunter

By not killing any buck I see, I experience more time in the bush. I get to see deer interacting, breeding, fighting and being chased by predators. I've passed on literally hundreds of bucks waiting for just the right trophy. It gives me a better outdoor experience and makes me a better hunter.

When I hunted late November Goats, I end up in treacherous, icy conditions that tested my physical and mental limits.

Being high up in those mountains stalking the right trophy Goat, pushing to my limits and beyond, brings a sense of exhilaration I can't experience anywhere else. I feel more alive than at any other time. The meat from a rutting, late November Billy is horrible but I take it anyway. The dogs will barely eat it but it is removed and used.

Spending 14 days in the mountains hunting sheep, looking for that special Ram, living on almost nothing and finally connecting with that trophy is an experience like no other.

All these experiences provide memories that are not available to those who don't hunt this way. I make no excuses for the way I choose to hunt. It's provided me with a full and satisfying life that helped define who I am as a hunter and as a man.

I am a trophy hunter and I'm good with that.

To Wolfdown and Island Wanderer........I hope you both get the opportunity to experience some of these things. Hopefully you'll become a little less judgemental and more accepting of how others choose to live their lives.

Happy trails....
    Last edited by labguy; 08-18-2017 at 07:58 AM.
    "Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'Donel fat"

2. Site Sponsor

Re: I Am A Trophy Hunter

Very well said

Couldn't have said it better myself! The last goat I took, was in 2004, Iv put in more time and miles then anyone else I personally know, passing on countles 9"+\- Billy's, even in winter, in search of "my" old 10"+ trophy billy. February 22 last winter, last hunt of the year, beautiful 8.5"ish billy in the scope, but young, 4 years old I figured, not "my trophy", no cut tag, just like most years, and I'm 100% cool with that.

You hit the nail on the head labguy, it's to bad most of the world, have the wrong outlook on what a true trophy hunter is.

good luck this season! Cheers.

Well put labguy.

I also am a Trophy Hunter for the exact same reasons.
    I've had more than my share of uncut sheep and deer tags where I had the opportunity to take legal animals and passed.

Well written. I think the term "trophy hunting" is a piss poor term. It seems to apply a stigma to hunting. I would prefer the term "selective hunting".

Good thread.

Trophy hunter here too, if that's what the official "Term de Jour" currently is.

Quote Originally Posted by Norwestalta View Post
    Well written. I think the term "trophy hunting" is a piss poor term. It seems to apply a stigma to hunting. I would prefer the term "selective hunting".
    I agree. Selective Hunting is a more proper term, IMO
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

very well said indeed. should be in every paper's letters to the editor in the province. rather than hide from the term 'trophy hunter' I think hunter's instead should make it their own. use it with pride every chance we get & post it right alongside pics of first animals harvested by young hunters, last animals gotten by older hunters & everything in between. use it to show a trophy is all in the mind & represents very different things to different people. used enough & used in association with positive images, it will lose the stigma the antis feel it has. I too am a trophy hunter! sounds good & feels right to me....

guest Guest

Me too, a Trophy Hunter, the odd Doe, Cow or calf , Spikes to nice Bucks, Boars, Bulls, Billy's and Rams ....... Nothing in the Book as they say. I could care less, all TROPHYS ...... to me, and tasty critters too. Heck, even my bird mounts of various breeds, Trophy Mallards, Cocks, Ganders ....... Trophy ...... A term completely misunderstood.

Well written.

Same here, for the same reasons.