Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: North faceing slopes

Re: North faceing slopes

Thanks guys for the info and insperation.....looks like its worth the pain to at least try

The North slope is late to green up, AND late to go to seed and dry out, berrys are often late on those slopes too. This year would be a great year to give it a try. Keep in mind that a sea of ingrown conifer with no under story is not a good feeing area. You still need mixed growth and edge.

^^^^exactly, the feed can be better this time of year, and it's generally cooler North facing slopes, so early season it can be effective to hunt these areas..

In the Southern Interior, north slopes are much brushier than other aspects, and consequently have more food. They're tougher to hunt though, because of the lack of visibility. I would focus on north east aspects if I ever hunted in September, especially with a hot, dry Summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Husky7mm View Post
    The North slope is late to green up, AND late to go to seed and dry out, berrys are often late on those slopes too. This year would be a great year to give it a try. Keep in mind that a sea of ingrown conifer with no under story is not a good feeing area. You still need mixed growth and edge.
    I was doing some scouting last weekend and after all this dry weather i was seeing way more greenery on the north facing slopes rather than south. The south sides had all dried up big time in the area I was in.

North slope = good place to look early season, especially in a hot, dry year. South slope = good spot look when cold and later on in the season. Both will have micro spots that get warm.sunny earlier in day or stay warm later and vice versa. Get out and have a look!